Menu

Radiant of a meteor shower

Feedback
Anonymous
2014-11-12
2014-12-24
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2014-11-12

Hello, I have a question about meteor shower.
    Is it possible to move the radiant?
    I've wanted to see the Geminids and the Quadrantids for a long time.
    I'm glad if I can change a coordinate of the radiant and an amount of meteors by rewriting the source.

• Timothy Reaves

Timothy Reaves - 2014-11-12

A meteor shower comes from an actual position in the sky, not one you'd like it to come from.

Are you asking if you can create a new meteor shower with a different origin?

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2014-11-13

Thanks for your reply.

Yes. I want to see a different kind of meteor shower.

I've installed 0.13.1 Stellarium, in which we can display radiants' mark. But I don't know how to change the origin.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2014-12-03

Geminids peak this month (14/12/14)they say but what a bummer as the moon is bright nearly all this month at this location , see picture .
    A question too please , when one looks at the screen and lets pick the Geminids for this example > is that the direction of where they come from? and same for all the others?

Also why are there some that have different colours please , TIA .

• Alexander Wolf

Alexander Wolf - 2014-12-03

White color used for inactive radiants (please press Alt+M for details)

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2014-12-03

Thanks for the alt-m , I never knew that existed and have now set it for active radiants only .

That's a nice gadget too imo , Stellarium I'm starting to like very very much and its getting better and better and better , cheers ..

off topic and half serious> can someone clever make a Flying Saucer appear across the screen at random , then stop? then a beam shoots out the bottom and pinch's a cow or just probes the earth and then it shoots off ? all scripted in random formats and times :-)

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2014-12-22

UTube is running over with this- a few are quite good at fakes-