Menu

How to use a script ?

Feedback
2005-09-11
2012-10-09
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Hi,

First a big thanx for this new release !

I just went into the text user interface to use a script but didn't manage to load one.

I read the docs/commands.html page of the CVS but didn't find any information about how to use a script.

• Do have I to write the commands in a txt document ?
    • Then under what format do have I to save the file ?
    • And then, how to load it in Stellarium ?

Thanks again !

@+
    Vincent

• Rob Spearman

Rob Spearman - 2005-09-11

Our sample scripts were accidentally left out of the windows release.

You can grab two from:
      http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/stellarium/stellarium/data/scripts/?only_with_tag=stellarium-0-7-x

Put the .sts files (must be lowercase .sts) in a data\scripts directory under the stellarium install directory. Then if you restart stellarium they should show up under the text menu as local scripts.

You can write scripts with a text editor, or record your own through stellarium by hitting CTRL-R to start and stop recording. It will put the script into stellarium0.sts, stellarium1.sts, etc. in your "My Documents" folder or equivalent.

See docs\commands.html for a list of valid script commands.

• Paolo Amoroso

Paolo Amoroso - 2005-09-12

The file docs/commands.html is not included in the stellarium-0.7.0.tar.gz source distribution archive, but is available via CVS. Is it necessary to report this as a bug?

Paolo Amoroso

• Paolo Amoroso

Paolo Amoroso - 2005-09-13

I recorded a macro with CTRL-R, and it got saved in ~/stellarium0.sts on my Linux system. But the new macro does not show up in the scripts section of the text menu, not even if I restart Stellarium.

Paolo Amoroso

• Rob Spearman

Rob Spearman - 2005-09-13

You need to copy it to the stellarium/data/scripts directory.

We should add a user level script directory, but haven't gotten to it yet.

• Nobody/Anonymous

That works perfectly.

Thanks again !

@+
      Vincent