Menu

frustrating

Help
dandrade
2007-12-31
2013-04-25
  • dandrade

dandrade - 2007-12-31

I do not know, but subjects like many I see here do not help spreading this project. Me, well I am stubborn and dediced to learn. But, I am beginning to think about paying 600 dollars and save some hours after purchasing a commercial product, with a GUI that does a lot more than this.

So, to the SQL2JAVA manager, could you post some documentation, and not only "your favorite db" sample. Man, do not make this frustrating. You say is EASY, well, then you must have had a lot of time then, write some tutorial, create samples for other DBs.

You are scary, not so Open Source...is not the code that should be open, it is the people behind the code.

• Alain Fagot Béarez

The whole project is being developped by volunteers on their free time.  There is no "sql2java manager".  Daan GERITS and Kristof VANHAEREN are currently working on the next version, delivering some interesting features as template packages, scripting and even an eclipse plug-in.

If you really want to spend your 600 USD, you may want to take a look at the following service I just registered.  I may convince my wife to let me write that documentation for you.

http://sourceforge.net/services/service_details.php?service_listing_id=1395

As for your last line of comment... well... I never saw people which such a lack of education in the open source forums.  Really rude!

• linovski

linovski - 2008-01-17

Josedandrade, you don't think in what you had say. You, could request for documentation, not reclaim for it!

Kameleono and all the project developers and all users, please continue doing your best.

Sql2java is a great tool and have a lot to grow up. Let's do it!

• dandrade

dandrade - 2008-01-17

Thanks, I bought the software and will get back to your project when it matures.

(My last statement was not personal, but for the community. "You are scary" is about the community. If this community do not develop a mentality for innovation and cooperation your growth will be slow. I have had this experience, I run an open source project...)

Open source: mob mentality or innovation engine?   is a great article you can find in many places...google it