Menu

Need Help: Weblogic on (IBM) AIX + Spnego

Help
2012-10-23
2015-05-20
  • Keno San Pedro

Keno San Pedro - 2012-10-23

Hi,

I'm having trouble to setup the Single Sign On for Weblogic installed in AIX machine.

However when Weblogic is installed in my local windows xp, Single Sign On is working properly.

My issue right now is on KRBLoginModule class because the ibm JDK is using "com.ibm.security.auth.module.Krb5LoginModule" and windows JDK is using "com.sun.security.auth.module.Krb5LoginModule".

Has anyone successfully installed spnego in a AIX machine using IBM JDK version 6.0?

Thanks in advance!

• Keno San Pedro

Keno San Pedro - 2012-10-24

The issue i'm having right now is on "storeKey" option because it's not supported on IBM JDK 6. :(

And the "storeKey" option is mandatory in login.conf / SpnegoFilterConfig.java

spnego-client {
    com.ibm.security.auth.module.Krb5LoginModule required;
    };

spnego-server {
    com.ibm.security.auth.module.Krb5LoginModule required
    credsType=acceptor
    principal=HTTP/172.22.8.112@LOS.INTEGROSYS.COM
    storeKey=true
    debug=true;
    };

• Keno San Pedro

Keno San Pedro - 2012-10-26

I look into the code of SpnegoFilterConfig.java and it seems that com.sun.security.auth.module.Krb5LoginModule is the only supported class.

Is there a way to use the com.ibm.security.auth.module.Krb5LoginModule?

Thanks.

• Chaithanya Kakimani

Hi,

Do this version of SPNEGO supports IBM JDK. My applications use IBM JDK and it is not working. By default it is falling to JAASPrincipal and there after it fails with the options.
    Please let us know, if this works with IBM JDK. Or will that feature be supported in future ?

• Darwin Felix

Darwin Felix - 2015-05-20

Unfortunately, I haven't heard of anyone attempting this library on IBM.

Perhaps others will give it a try and post their results to this forum thread.

But either way, if changes are required, IBM support may not happen anytime soon.