Menu

Subsequent Run Identify Speed in .NET vs. Java

sarwar
2013-09-27
2018-03-16
  • sarwar

sarwar - 2013-09-27

Robert,

You've documented in the past that at least in the .NET version optimizations happen on the first run of identify on a collection that enable significantly faster run times on subsequent identifies. However, I'm testing the Java version and it seems like there isn't a significant reduction in run time between the first and subsequent runs. Is this something that's simply not implemented in the Java version at this time or am I mistaken?

Thanks,
    Sarwar

• Robert Važan

Robert Važan - 2013-09-28

Many optimizations are missing in the java version. I would believe your benchmarks. Java port is really experimental at the moment.

• sarwar

sarwar - 2013-10-01

Ok, no problem. I'm going to dive in and try to figure out what the major issues are. I'll make sure to take a look at the C# codebase, but can you give any advice on common sense optimizations that you've made on the branch that might yield the greatest improvement in the port?

• Robert Važan

Robert Važan - 2013-10-02

Unfortunately, no, it's a long time and I no longer remember details of the implementation. Good luck anyway and let me know when you have any patches to submit.

• Robert Važan

Robert Važan - 2018-03-16

SourceAFIS for Java has been released:

https://sourceafis.machinezoo.com/java