Menu

score

2013-08-26
2018-03-16
  • daniel_huape

daniel_huape - 2013-08-26

Excellent work alone I have some doubts

When I do a search in the list and give that look a fingerprint that is not regitrada returns me the score is 15 indicating that if there is a fingerprint on the record, but does not actually exist, you do not know if I can help or explain thanks

• Robert Važan

Robert Važan - 2013-08-27

Unfortunately I cannot understand what you are saying. I think you should get a friend to translate the question to proper English.

• daniel_huape

daniel_huape - 2013-08-28

sorry, maybe now if I explain

when search one fingerprint that not keep in the database, returned an score de 15 with other fingerprint

thanks

• Robert Važan

Robert Važan - 2013-09-01

Score 15 is below AfisEngine.Threshold (which is 25 in current version of SourceAFIS). Scores below 25 indicate that the two fingerprints do not match. You are seeing the low score most likely because you have set AfisEngine.Threshold too low.

• daniel_huape

daniel_huape - 2013-09-02

ok, excellent work, thanks sourceAFIS helped me, another question,
    what is the maximum score?

• Robert Važan

Robert Važan - 2013-09-02

There's no maximum score. There's a bell curve for score distribution, but there's no absolute maximum.

• Bryce

Bryce - 2014-02-24

Hi Robert,

I have another question, how do we set the threshold?

• Robert Važan

Robert Važan - 2014-02-24

What's so difficult about searching for "sourceafis threshold" on the web?

• Bryce

Bryce - 2014-02-24

Dear Robert,

Sorry to bother, please don't be mad. I apologise for any mistake i make, because im still new in this. Im currently on a research for my company on SourceAFIS to determine weather it's suitable for our coming devices to scan WSQ fingerprints on passports.
    It's not difficult to search "sourceafis threshold" on the web, but what i get is the explanation of what set threshold will do, not how to set it or maybe i missed something. I know maybe this is a stupid question, please don't be mad. Feel free.

best regards

• Robert Važan

Robert Važan - 2014-02-26

Don't worry. I just needed to hear a more elaborated question. Nevertheless, if you need to know how to determine threshold value for your project, this has been already discussed:

https://sourceforge.net/p/sourceafis/discussion/1051112/thread/2373cac6/

• Robert Važan

Robert Važan - 2018-03-16

Note that in latest version of SourceAFIS (Java port, but also .NET port once it is upgraded), the score has been shaped to roughly correspond to FMR (false match rate). For example score 20 corresponds to FMR100, score 30 to FMR1000, score 40 to FMR10000, and so on.