Menu

Reset Paused SWDist

rickym61
2010-01-13
2013-05-23
  • rickym61

rickym61 - 2010-01-13

Hi Roger,

quick question, what does the SCCM client action "Reset Paused SWDist" actually do under the hood, just for my info that is.

Many Thanks.

• Roger

Roger - 2010-01-25

Hi Ricky

"Reset paused SWDis"t does set the Registry Key: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SMS\Mobile Client\Software Distribution\State\Paused to 0 …
    I have seen some clients with broken Task-Sequences where the Paused flag was not resetted propperly…

Regards

Roger

• rickym61

rickym61 - 2010-01-25

Hi Roger,

Thanks for replying, I found the same issue, random TS's causing the issue, I was manually stopping ccmexec, tweaking the registry, restart ccmexec which seemed to fix it, sometimes the issue after a reboot would reoccur :(

Thanks.

• Rolf Hasselbusch

Hi Roger,

i know this is a late reply, but i think my question can be interesting for everyone wwho searches for the functionality of "Reset Paused SWDist"

1.)
    Does it only set the Registry Key: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SMS\Mobile Client\Software Distribution\State\Paused to 0 or does it also set the Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SMS\Mobile Client\Software Distribution\State\PausedCookie to 0 and deletes the entrys under the Registry Key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SMS\Task Sequence\ except the <Default>-Value?

2.)

Is this function compatible with 64 Bit Systems? (because of the …\Wow6432Node\… part that is different in the registry)

best regards
    Rolf

• Roger

Roger - 2012-10-16

Hi Rolf,

The Source-Code for the ResetPausedSWDist can be found here:
    http://sccmclictrlib.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/19264#59022

It does set "Paused" and "PausedCookie" to 0; and yes, it is aware of x64 … but it does not delete entries under \Task Sequence\ …

if (oWMIProvider.isX86)
                    {
                        WMIRegistry oReg = new WMIRegistry(oProv);

oReg.SetDWord(2147483650, @"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SMS\Mobile Client\Software Distribution\State", "Paused", "0");
                        oReg.SetDWord(2147483650, @"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SMS\Mobile Client\Software Distribution\State", "PausedCookie", "0");
                    }
                    else
                    {
                        WMIRegistry oReg = new WMIRegistry(oProv);

oReg.SetDWord(2147483650, @"SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\SMS\Mobile Client\Software Distribution\State", "Paused", "0");
                        oReg.SetDWord(2147483650, @"SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\SMS\Mobile Client\Software Distribution\State", "PausedCookie", "0");
                    }

Regards

Roger

• Rolf Hasselbusch

Hi Roger,

thank you for your reply, that helps me a lot.

Isn't it necessary to delete those entrys for the SW Distribution to proceed? So far I thought that these records should be deleted as well.

Regards
    Rolf