Menu

Disable download for user guest

RFP
2015-04-07
2022-03-02
  • RFP

RFP - 2015-04-07

There is a user guest in seeddms. I tested login in on it and was surprised that it can download the files instead of just read only from within the browser.

Can somebody check that this is not a bug? If this how the guest user should behave, can someone help me how to disable the download and limit it to just read only or load from the browser just like how regular users can?

Appreciate your kind assistance.

RFP

• RFP

RFP - 2015-04-14

Can someone more experience in seeddms contribute a piece of their mind to solve this problem?

• Rainer

Rainer - 2015-04-15

I have never used the guest user feature but I ask you: What is for you the difference in only viewing in browser and downloading the file? Technically it is the same as the file is physically on the guests PC. One time in the browser's cache folder, the other in a chosen folder. If the file is an image it is possible to right-click and choose Save Image As..; If it is a pdf it is possible to save the file with most of the pdf viewer browser plug-ins.

• Uwe Steinmann

Uwe Steinmann - 2015-04-16

Rainer is right. There is basically no difference and you can keep anybody from saving the file just because your browser shows it.

• Chakkrit

Chakkrit - 2022-03-02
    • Insert this scrip to prevent the user from using the delete button.
      if (!$user->isAdmin()) {
      UI::exitError(getMLText("folder_title"),getMLText("access_denied"));
      }

Last edit: Chakkrit 2022-03-02