Menu

Sally and smartwin++ 2.0.0 RC5

Help
Soba
2007-12-23
2013-04-15
  • Soba

Soba - 2007-12-23

Do the latest Sally support smartwin++ 2.0.0 RC5?

• Flix

Flix - 2007-12-25

It should.
      Why you're asking: have you found some problems?

• Soba

Soba - 2007-12-25

It will be the first time I try both smartwin++ and Sally, so I wanted to be sure what version to download. Thanks

• Bobby

Bobby - 2009-04-27

I have downloaded Sally and SmartWin and I use the wizard to create a windows application with Mingw 3.2.5.  I imported the compiler settings but for some reason, I can't compile.  I keep getting errors because the compiler can't find references to the SmartWin classes:
      Can anyone help?  I'm at a loss here as to why this won't work ;out of the box'...

C:\cpp_projects\temp\SW_Project_Mingw\SWMainForm.o:SWMainForm.cpp:(.text+0x176): undefined reference to `SmartWin::Rectangle::Rectangle()'
      C:\cpp_projects\temp\SW_Project_Mingw\SWMainForm.o:SWMainForm.cpp:(.text+0x1d4): undefined reference to `SmartWin::Rectangle::Rectangle(long, long, long, long)'
      C:\cpp_projects\temp\SW_Project_Mingw\SWMainForm.o:SWMainForm.cpp:(.text+0x24e): undefined reference to `SmartWin::Rectangle::Rectangle(long, long, long, long)'
      C:\cpp_projects\temp\SW_Project_Mingw\SWMainForm.o:SWMainForm.cpp:(.text+0x294): undefined reference to `SmartWin::Point::Point(long, long)'
      C:\cpp_projects\temp\SW_Project_Mingw\SWMainForm.o:SWMainForm.cpp:(.text+0x2e4): undefined reference to `SmartWin::Point::Point(long, long)'
      C:\cpp_projects\temp\SW_Project_Mingw\SWMainForm.o:SWMainForm.cpp:(.text+0x334): undefined reference to `SmartWin::Point::Point(long, long)'
      C:\cpp_projects\temp\SW_Project_Mingw\SWMainForm.o:SWMainForm.cpp:(.text+0x356): undefined reference to `SmartWin::Rectangle::Rectangle(SmartWin::Point const&, SmartWin::Point const&)'

• Felipe

Felipe - 2009-05-22

Hello!

I'm trying to compile the "Sw project mingw" that I've created from the wizard, but i'm experiencing some problems.

After a while the compilation of smartwin++ was sucessfull a i have a libSmartWin.a in my c:\smartwin\lib directory. Then i followed the instructions in the "..\Sally - A Simple C++ IDE\Docs\getting started.htm" page.

Trying to compile the "Sw project mingw" the following errors came:

g++ -mwindows -o"C:\Users\Felipe\Development\Test Application\SW Project Mingw\Output\SW Project Mingw.exe" "C:\Users\Felipe\Development\Test Application\SW Project Mingw\SWMainForm.o" -L"c:\users\felipe\development\test application\sw project mingw" -L"c:\users\felipe\development\test application\sw project mingw\output" -L"c:\mingw\lib" -L"c:\mingw\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.5" -L"c:\smartwin\lib" -L"c:\program files (x86)\sally - a simple c++ ide\smartwin extra widgets\lib" -L"c:\smartwin" -llibSmartWin -lcomctl32 -s
      c:\mingw\bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.5\..\..\..\..\mingw32\bin\ld.exe: cannot find -llibSmartWin
      collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Running the same command from the command line and adding the verbose option i have the following exit:

C:\mingw\bin>g++ -mwindows -o"C:\Users\Felipe\Development\Test Application\SW Project Mingw\Output\SW Project Mingw.exe" "C:\Users\Felipe\Development\Test Application\SW Project Mingw\SWMainForm.o" "C:\Users\Felipe\Development\Test Application\SW Project Mingw\rcFile-resource.o" -L"c:\users\felipe\development\test application\sw project mingw" -L"c:\users\felipe\development\test application\sw project mingw\output" -L"c:\mingw\lib" -L"c:\mingw\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.5" -L"c:\smartwin\lib" -L"c:\program files (x86)\sally - a simple c++ ide\smartwin extra widgets\lib" -L"c:\smartwin" -llibSmartWin -lcomctl32 -s -Wl --verbose
      Reading specs from ../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5/specs
      Configured with: ../gcc-3.4.5/configure --with-gcc --with-gnu-ld --with-gnu-as --host=mingw32 --target=mingw32 --prefix=/mingw --enable-threads --disable-nls --enable-languages=c,c++,f77,ada,objc,java --disable-win32-registry --disable-shared --enable-sjlj-exceptions --enable-libgcj --disable-java-awt --without-x --enable-java-gc=boehm --disable-libgcj-debug --enable-interpreter --enable-hash-synchronization --enable-libstdcxx-debug
      Thread model: win32
      gcc version 3.4.5 (mingw special)
      ../libexec/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5/collect2.exe --subsystem windows -Bdynamic -oC:\Users\Felipe\Development\Test Application\SW Project Mingw\Output\SW Project Mingw.exe -s /mingw/lib/crt2.o ../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5/crtbegin.o -Lc:\users\felipe\development\test application\sw project mingw -Lc:\users\felipe\development\test application\sw project mingw\output -Lc:\mingw\lib -Lc:\mingw\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.5 -Lc:\smartwin\lib -Lc:\program files (x86)\sally - a simple c++ ide\smartwin extra widgets\lib -Lc:\smartwin -L../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5 -L../lib/gcc -L/mingw/lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5 -L../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5/../../../../mingw32/lib -L/mingw/lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5/../../../../mingw32/lib -L/mingw/lib -L../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5/../../.. -L/mingw/lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5/../../.. C:\Users\Felipe\Development\Test Application\SW Project Mingw\SWMainForm.o C:\Users\Felipe\Development\Test Application\SW Project Mingw\rcFile-resource.o -llibSmartWin -lcomctl32 -lstdc++ -lmingw32 -lgcc -lmoldname -lmingwex -lmsvcrt -lgdi32 -lcomdlg32 -luser32 -lkernel32 -ladvapi32 -lshell32 -lmingw32 -lgcc -lmoldname -lmingwex -lmsvcrt ../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5/crtend.o ..\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.5\..\..\..\..\mingw32\bin\ld.exe: cannot find -llibSmartWin
      collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Could someone help me?

thanks

• Flix

Flix - 2009-05-24

> cannot find -llibSmartWin

This means you have a library named: liblibSmartWin.a

otherwise you should use -lSmartWin.

In the SallyIDE to link to it you can use:
      SmartWin or  -lSmartWin in the Extra Library Options.

• Felipe

Felipe - 2009-05-27

thanks.

• venkatraman

venkatraman - 2012-01-20

it looks as though we require a seperate wonder widget to make the sally IDE.what we get in downloads is a bunch of crap and no trace of IDE at all.can somebody find what is going on