Menu

Difficult use case

2007-01-19
2013-05-01
  • Andrew Sasak

Andrew Sasak - 2007-01-19

I have a difficult use case I'd like to use Remote Calendar, that I don't believe it currently supported.
    First I have the requirement that all events be in my default Outlook calendar. I can not create a calendar in a new folder because I want all events synced to my PocketPC.
    Second, I want all events created on my default Google Calendar to be two-way synced to Outlook with the Personal Category (I would then be able to add events in Outlook or PocketPC that would sync to this Google Calendar by assigning them to the Personal Category)
    Third, I want all events in my Outlook category that are NOT assigned to this Personal Category to be synced to my "Work" Google calendar. This does not necessarily have to be a two-way sync.

I believe that my Second and Third requirement are not simultaneously possible (or at least not easy) currently using RemoteCalendar because I don't believe it supports publishing to two Google calendars from a single Outlook calendar.

• Beau

Beau - 2007-01-21

Andrew,
      I think that this is the same use case as I have.

Publishing and subscribing are two separate things with RC.

I assume that your Work Google Calendar is not your default calendar...

Subscribe to your default Google Calendar and use the function to assign these tasks to a particular category.  Will bring your Google personal calendar onto your outlook calendar.

Then, publish your Outlook calendar, to the but do not select two way sync and do not choose to publish the subscribed calendar.  (Do not publish local tasks, its a google URL, publish my local calendar)and after the first time you publish, then use the just today and futre to speed it up. The publishing url will look something like http://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/<magickey>@group.calendar.google.com/private/
      it looks a little different from the default calendar URI, but you can see it by clicking on the Calendar settings.

And so, with RC, you can publish to a secondary calendar...

Let me know how it works out for you!

Beau