Menu

Config window is invisible?

Help
2012-11-01
2012-12-12
  • Jared Bohrer

Jared Bohrer - 2012-11-01

Hi, I'm pretty new so sorry if I'm asking an easy question.

I'm using Windows 7 and when I try to open the config window it disappears. It shows up in the taskbar with a preview and everything, but when i click it nothing happens.  Anyone else have this problem?

• Manfred ROSENBERGER

Hi moose4987,

this can belong to that you expanded the window of rattleCAD to full screen befor you wants to open the config panel. I tested this and I saw that the config panel does not appear on the top of the desktop.

so start rattleCAD
    open the config panel
    expand rattleCAD GUI to full screen - if this is really necessary

… on my personal point of view, the config panel is not that much important.
    You should be able to do the most things without the config panel

chears

• Jared Bohrer

Jared Bohrer - 2012-11-01

ah, thanks. Yeah after messing with it for a while i just started double clicking the measurements to change them. Thanks! One more quick question. Is there a way to get a print out of the chainstay miter?

• Manfred ROSENBERGER

Hi,
    the Chain Stays are mainly ovalized, and there is no print out for ovalized tube si rattleCAD

which version do you use an where are you from?

cheers

• Jared Bohrer

Jared Bohrer - 2012-11-02

That makes sense.  I'm using version 3.3.04-14. 

I'm from central Pennsylvania, and there aren't too many (none that I know of) places around my area that build frames, so I'm scouring the internet for info.

This will be my first build so sorry if I'm asking a common knowledge question. I saw a frame built on Youtube with RattleCAD and I'm pretty impressed so far. 10x better than the free version of BikeCAD. Thanks again!

• Manfred ROSENBERGER

HI,

you are working on chainstays?

maybe you give version 3.3.05.32 a try

http://sourceforge.net/projects/rattlecad/files/3.3/rattleCAD_3.3.05.32.zip/download

this version has a lot of new features and is currently not marked as stable

.. give it a try if you want and give me a feedback

cheers
    Manfred