Menu

Capture new Explorer processes

Anonymous
2011-04-25
2013-05-30
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2011-04-25

I tried to access the Trac to submit this issue, but I get "Too many redirections" error.

The thing is whether the "Capture new Explorer processes" option is enabled or not, new Explorer processes open in new windows.

I'm using Windows 7 professional 64 bits, spanish version.

Regards

• Mike Connor

Mike Connor - 2011-04-28

Have you unchecked the box "Do not capture window as a new tab when opened from outside"

Regards….Mike Connor

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2011-04-29

I unchecked that option and now it works. Thank you mike-connor!!

By the way… what's the point of having both options? Can you capture explorer processes from "inside"? Maybe it's a little confussing and would be nice to be clarified in the interface.

Anyway, thank you and of course thanks to Paul for it's awesome work ;)

• Mike Connor

Mike Connor - 2011-05-02

Unfortunately, the settings options were always a little unclear.  Also, these settings are also affected by the "Files and Folder view" settings in Explorer.

If you uncheck "Capture new Explorer Processes", and you also have "Open each folder in its own window" checked in Explorer "Files and Folder view", then this will open new Windows, instead of capturing them as tabs. I don't know why anybody would want to do this, as it rather defeats the object of having a tabbed interface, but that's what it does.

Regards….Mike Connor