MAME and MESS 0.143 were released just recently, so this is a good time to also release QMC2 0.2.b20 (since we can make sure to be in-sync with both emulators)!
We will go on like this in future releases, meaning that we will also wait for the MESS release from now on. Thanks to Micko, the MESS releases meanwhile usually follow within 24 hours after the corresponding MAME release, so that it’s better to wait a bit longer instead of publishing updated templates later.... read more
Today we proudly announce the release of QMC2 0.2.b19, which incorporates a great number of improvements, bug fixes and new functionality — the latter mainly related to the ROMAlyzer and the emulator embedder.
The most important changes in this release include:
* ROMAlyzer improvements: faster identification by CRC for files from ZIP-archives, greatly improved progress indication and batch processing ability
* ROMAlyzer fixes: ROM status determination for special no-dump ROMs (MAME & MESS) and sets that need no ROMs at all (MESS-only)
* New ROMAlyzer functionality: a checksum wizard with an optional set repair function, a set rewiter to rewrite clean new sets, the determination of the merge-status of each individual ROM / CHD file and a copy to clipboard function for an individual set’s analysis report (as formatted ASCII text)
* Embedder improvements: use of additional space for maximized embedded emulator windows, nicer maximization-toggle
* New embedder functionality: automatic emulator pausing / resuming when its window gets hidden / shown, process status indication through traffic-light icons
* General improvements and fixes: optimized / faster log widgets, all game/machine detail images now contain a context menu with a copy to clipboard item
* New support for a number of players column in all game/machine lists... read more
Happy new year!
QMC2 0.2.b18 has been released today! The major focus of this version is clean support for Qt 4.7, which you can safely use now (we actually recommend it). Also, some embedder and ROMAlyzer related fixes and improvements made their way into the current code.
The most important changes this time include:
* Major improvements for the emulator embedder to cleanly work with Qt 4.7 and to fix existing/known bugs with regard to auto-maximization, emulator focus and mixed/concurrent joystick control
* Support for XML data which contains unicode characters (this actually makes the creation of XML- and gamelist-caches a bit slower)
* ROMAlyzer fixes (interpret verifications through chdman as file integrity checks only) and improvements (show only checksums that are enabled for calculation)
* Support for additional/new XML data... read more
Updated files for QMC2 0.2.b17 have been uploaded due to a small/minor but probably annoying bug which was discovered shortly after its initial release.
Today we proudly announce the release of QMC2 0.2.b17!
This version comes with a great number of major fixes and improvements that should make it one of the best releases ever. The most important changes include:
* Added generic support to drive a ROM tool for any external processing based on the game/machine ID or its title
* Support for newer XML data when retrieving game/machine details
* Experimental support for Qt 4.7 -- basically working fine, but there's one embedder-related (minor) issue left
* X11 platforms only: the embedder now handles multiple emulators correctly when they are running the same game/machine... read more
QMC2 0.2.b15 has been released today!
Besides a few bug-fixes, this version includes the following new features:
* Added optional support for catver.ini from http://www.progettoemma.net/?catlist to all MAME targets — this includes two new optional/on-demand columns and views (category, version)
* Added a new ROM types column to all game/machine lists
* The exit/stop button now blinks when there’s background activity to indicate the activity itself as well as the button’s seconds function
* A new option (PlayOnSublistActivation) has been added to allow for direct launching of a game/machine when it’s activated in the search-, favorites- or played-lists
* The MP3 player now also handles MP3 streams (just add a valid stream URL instead of a local file name)... read more
Today we proudly announce the release of QMC2 0.2.b14!
This version includes quite a number of interesting improvements, some new features and a set of important bug fixes. Users of older versions will most likely notice the drastically improved startup performance (about 50% of what it took before).
The most important changes since 0.2.b13 include:
* Nice performance improvements for ROM state filtering and loading of all cached data
* The ROMAlyzer now has built-in support for chdman which can be used to deeply verify, automatically fix and/or update CHDs
* New context menus for the main-widget’s horizontal and vertical splitters to allow for orientation flipping and swapping of their sub-widgets/sub-layouts — this enables the user to freely layout all major widgets!
* X11-only: the embedder now includes a toggle switch to maximize the emulator window
* MAME targets only: added a demo mode to run random games from the overall list... read more
Today we proudly announce the release of QMC2 0.2.b13. This version incorporates a number of interesting new features as well as a major overhaul of great parts of the code to get rid of some long-standing bugs and restrictions.
The most important changes since 0.2.b12 include:
* Emulator configuration widgets now use check-boxes (instead of the former combo-boxes) for all boolean settings — thanks to Bill Blake for the suggestion
* During a session, the item expansion state and scroll bar values of game- or machine-specific emulator configurators are preserved
* Except for icons in menus, all static icons are now adjusted to the size of the current application font (even icons on the tool bar)
* You can now specify a separate font for all log browsers (mono-spaced fonts are recommended)
* X11 & SDLMAME/SDLMESS only: optional / on-demand embedding of emulator windows through XEmbed (includes related features such as an easy snapshot tool — additional features are planned or under consideration)
* Support for additional (foreign) emulators which can be used on a per-game/per-machine basis (among others, this includes support for XMAME/XMESS for those who may still care ;) )
* New Portuguese translation — thanks to Marcelo Bossoni
* Quite a number of important bug-fixes, work-arounds and further improvements... read more
(SDL)MAME 0.135 has just been released, so it’ time for yet another update…. QMC2 0.2.b12 has been released to the public!
The changes this time include:
* Optional live indicator of the physical memory utilization (POSIX-only for now)
* The variant launcher now has optional support for spawn & quit when launching another variant — mostly important for low memory systems
* Template check against the running emulator’s options and defaults (see Tools -> Cleanup -> Check template map) — this easily reveals discrepancies between the configuration template and the emulator core
* Documentation additions, bug-fixes and general improvements... read more
Time for another update… QMC2 0.2.b11 has been released today!
The most important new feature this time is the addition of an option to hide the primary game/machine list while it’s (re)loaded, which speeds up processing tremendously (so it’s enabled per default). A few more or less important bug-fixes went in as well. Overall, it’s mostly a maintenance release.
This version is in-sync with SDLMAME/MAME/MAMEUIFX 0.134 and SDLMESS/MESS 0.133 (template updates for 0.134 will be posted here later when required).... read more
Today we proudly announce the release of QMC2 0.2.b10. Besides a few bug fixes, the most important changes in this release include the following:
* Built-in support for dynamic loading of Qt style sheets
* Support for PCB images as an additional game/machine detail
* New MAWS quick download feature (supports manual and automatic downloads of images that are usable by QMC2)
* Greatly improved download retry logic & timing
* Enhanced ghost image with rounded corners and a semi-transparent shadow... read more
Today we proudly announce the release of QMC2 0.2.b9!
This version now includes some (hopefully useful) web-based features using the QtWebKit module. The most important one is the new MAWS lookup feature implemented as a new game detail tab containing an integrated web browser.
The QtWebKit module was introduced in Qt 4.4, but is only really working since Qt 4.5 (4.5.1 recommended), so unfortunately this also means that Qt 4.4 is no longer supported — please upgrade to Qt 4.5!... read more
This is version 0.2.b8 of QMC2 which we proudly release to the public!
QMC2 0.2.b8 is the first version which also supports Windows, includes quite a number of bug fixes, comes with lots of nice improvements, a good set of new features and is in sync with (SDL)MAME 0.131, MAMEUIFX32 0.131 and (SDL)MESS 0.130. If necessary, updated (SDL)MESS templates will be posted here as soon as (SDL)MESS 0.131 is available.... read more
QMC2 0.2.b7 has been released today! The configuration templates are in sync with SDLMAME 0.130 and SDLMESS 0.129 (if required, a patch will be posted here as soon as SDLMESS 0.130 is available).
This release marks a great step forward in proving QMC2's multi-emulator and multi-platform capabilities. It's also a major overhaul in many areas, including a lot of new features and improvements as well as a number of important bug fixes.... read more
Happy new year everybody :)! Today we proudly present QMC2 0.2.b6 to the public!
This is a major update as it's the first version with preliminary and basic (but working) support for SDLMESS. The QMC2 build process now produces two separate binaries (one for each emulator) - qmc2-sdlmame and qmc2-sdlmess - decided by the value of the EMULATOR make option. SDLMAME is the default, so there's no big difference if you don't care about SDLMESS :).... read more
Today we proudly announce the release of QMC2 0.2.b5. Its MAME configuration template is in-sync with SDLMAME 0.128.
There are some nice new features in this release, a few bugs were fixed and lot of improvements were made. This is the summary of the major changes since 0.2.b4:
* Support for MAME's output notifications via a named pipe (SDLMAME 0.127+ required)
* The emulator control panel has been changed to a multi-column tree widget to display MAME output notifications online
* Individual joystick axes can now be enabled/disabled at will - this should finally make Sixaxis users completely happy :)
* Built-in audio player to support background music playback (requires Qt 4.4+ and a working Phonon backend API) - Phonon features will be completely disabled for Qt 4.3 and are optional for Qt 4.4 (enabled per default if Qt 4.4+ is detected, may be explicitly disabled with make PHONON=0 ...)
* The boolean emulator option values true and false are now also translatable... read more
QMC2 0.2.b4 has been released. It's lined up with SDLMAME 0.127 which has also been released today.
We have a few new features, some important bug-fixes and even more improvements this time. The major changes include:
* The joystick test and calibration widgets are now enclosed in scrollable areas to allow for better handling of high amounts of axes and buttons - PS3 / Sixasis users will profit most (though there are still some open issues with Sixasis controllers left)
* Minor speed improvements for loading of XML and gamelist caches by reading data block-wise
* Trimmed XML cache data - saves memory and disk space
* Display the number of (real/virtual) CPUs on the system information page
* The frontend and emulator log browsers can now be limited to the amount of lines they keep in memory... read more
The third release of the 0.2 series of QMC2 is out now. It's lined up with SDLMAME 0.126 which has also been released recently.
We have a lot of changes this time, many bug-fixes and improvements, and quite a few new and important features. Here's a summary of the major changes:
* Direct GUI control via digital and analog joysticks through SDL
* Optional use of OpenGL to draw images (previews & flyers) - actually, this was mainly an experiment and is not necessarily faster than the default drawing mechanism :)
* Support for MAME's history.dat & mameinfo.dat information databases (this will be changed to a more generic approach in the future to support additional information sources)
* Fullscreen toggle for the main widget
* Style handling improved to allow for on-the-fly switching to the system's default GUI style
* Improved window flags to better handle individual windows
* Architecture-independant OS detection for distribution specific build rules
* Several widget restoration bugs were discovered and fixed, together with a number of other/older bugs...... read more
Today we proudly present the second beta release of the 0.2 series of QMC2, which is in sync with SDLMAME 0.125 (also released today).
There are not too many new features, but some are worth an update. Here are the most important changes / additions:
* Polish translation of emulator options template completed (Julian Sikorski)
* French translation by Vincent Bousquet - great job, thanks!
* Improved template reader for emulator options (using QXmlStreamReader)
* Template syntax changed to a new format to allow for easier translation (this format is not compatible with older versions of QMC2!)
* Game's short name (the game ID) is now also included in the gamelist and can be used for sorting... read more
This is the first beta release of the new 0.2 series of QMC2!
Fortunately, no serious bugs were found since the release of QMC2 0.1 final, although the included fixes of this beta release are still important. Here is the list of new features which are also worth an update (note changed requirements!):
* Support multiple ini-paths for import & export functions
* Restoration of toolbar position (floating or embedded)
* Built-in ROMAlyzer to deeply analyze individual ROM and CHD files
* Polish translation by Julian Sikorski - great job, thanks!
* Clean support for plural translation in natural language
* Qt 4.3+ required (Qt 4.3.4+ recommended)
* XMAME support dropped... read more
After nearly two years of hard work we are proud to release QMC 0.1 final to the public!
Apart from the usual bug-fixes and improvements, the following important features were added since 0.1.b11 (last development release):
* XML gamelist data cache to speed up loading of -listxml output from MAME
* Removal of obsolete samples & image files through external tools (rm, zip)
* Added Home, End & Esc to the list of remappable GUI control keys
* Improved about dialog with a new QMC2 logo and a system-information summary screen... read more
This is release 0.1.b11 of QMC2, which we proudly present to the public!
QMC2 0.1.b11 is a major milestone on our way to a final 0.1 release. There are just a few features left which need to be implemented until 0.1 final can be released.
The current release includes a lot of bug fixes, some major improvements and many new and important features. The most important ones are:
* Import & export of global and game-specific MAME configurations
* PNG game icons
* Support for BIOS ROMs
* Gamelist cache (tremendous speed-up at reload)
* Support for alternative image sets
* Shortcut & GUI control key remapper... read more
This is release 0.1.b10 of QMC2, which we proudly present to the public!
Included in this release there are many new features such as image- and sample-checkers, individual ROM checks, more sort criteria (year + manufacturer) and game icon support. Also, there have been some major improvements to the build system to allow for distribution-dependent configuration and to make it easier to use Qt libraries supplied by distributions.... read more
QMC2 v0.1.b9 has been released today. Thanks to all who contributed to this release, which is a major step forward to our goal of a 0.1 final version! However, many of the planned features for 0.1 are still in the works, so we call it a beta, even though it's fairly stable for what has been implemented already (don't blame us, if not :).
There are several new features this time, the most important ones being the support of preview / flyer compression and a new hierarchical parent/clone view to the list of games.
Today we proudly announce the release of QMC2 v0.1.b8!
This version includes a fair amount of work to fix and improve issues regarding SDLMAME and system-wide (pre-)configuration. It also introduces several new features such as support for flyer images, built-in GUI style support and a ROM state filter.
Please note that Qt 4.2.0+ is required now, Qt 4.1 support has been dropped! This release has been developed using Qt 4.2.2.