Auto login : Error in windows configuration:

Help
cxtrd
2011-07-16
2013-04-30
  • cxtrd

cxtrd - 2011-07-16

Hi.
    I want to use qingy in textmode with autologin on a new, minimal slackware13 install with fluxbox.
    Without auto login enabled qingy works as expected, after entering username and password the next screen asks me to choose a session, and fluxbox starts ok. I use qingy 0.9.7, because is has a password option which 1.0.0 does not.

When I enable auto login I get this error : Error in windows configuration: make sure you set up at least login, password and session windows! , which is produced by : if (!check_windows_sanity()). This has something to do with windowsList, but understanding what exactly is beyond my power.

I have not installed directfb, and because qingy works correct without auto-login I don't think i need to.

Don't know how to get on with this, so therefore took a chance here…….

• cxtrd

cxtrd - 2011-08-02

solved.
    first I did install slackware 13.37 instead of 13.1, a minimal install.
    then compiled qingy 1.0.0 with -disable-crypto -disable-DirectFB-support  -disable-screensavers -build = i586-linux-gnu -host=i586-linux-gnu.
    I guess i did a better reading of configure -help, but anyway autologin works like a charm now, i am very happy about that

btw:
    I had to add -build= i586-linux-gnu -host=i586-linux-gnu because configure.guess failed. I don't know why. It could be something missing on my system, or may be the script configure.guess needs updating.