Menu

Crosscompile and deploy to Angstrom Linux

Help
Anton
2015-03-04
2015-03-05
  • Anton

Anton - 2015-03-04

Please help. On Debian developer computer I have cross-compilation environment to build for Angstrom linux targets. So, I download PythonQt sources, make copy of Angstrom's Python2.6.6 include and lib directories to Debian, modify python.prf targeting to those dirs. While build raised an errors.

In file included from ../../generated_cpp/com_trolltech_qt_gui/com_trolltech_qt_gui0.cpp:1:
    ../../generated_cpp/com_trolltech_qt_gui/com_trolltech_qt_gui0.h:1130: error: expected class-name before '{' token
    ../../generated_cpp/com_trolltech_qt_gui/com_trolltech_qt_gui0.h: In constructor 'PythonQtShell_QAccessible::PythonQtShell_QAccessible()':
    ../../generated_cpp/com_trolltech_qt_gui/com_trolltech_qt_gui0.h:1132: error: class 'PythonQtShell_QAccessible' does not have any field named 'QAccessible'
    ../../generated_cpp/com_trolltech_qt_gui/com_trolltech_qt_gui0.h: At global scope:
    ../../generated_cpp/com_trolltech_qt_gui/com_trolltech_qt_gui0.h:1144: error: 'QAccessible' has not been declared
    ../../generated_cpp/com_trolltech_qt_gui/com_trolltech_qt_gui0.h:1144: error: 'QAccessible' has not been declared
    And so one

PythonQt_QtAll.so wasn't created, but libPythonQt.so appears.

Lucky I copy libPythonQt.so to Angstrom and check simple application with evalScript("19*2+4", Py_eval_input) - it dose successfully return 42! But evalFile("GettingStarted.py") doesn't produce any output (GettingStarted.pyc generated in current dir). Content of my GettingStarted.py is just "print 'Hello world' ".

And in python console I try execute "from libPythonQt import *" it answer:

from libPythonQt import *
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
    ImportError: dynamic module does not define init function (initPythonQt)

Last edit: Anton 2015-03-04
  • Florian Link

Florian Link - 2015-03-04

You can not import PythonQt from within a normal Python environment. It can only be embedded into your C++ application. Probably the GettingStarted links against PythonQt_QtAll, so you can not run that.

Try to get the complete build working, have a look at the compile errors.

• Anton

Anton - 2015-03-04

Thanks, Florian. Take a look on errors.. Something missed. Some ideas?

In file included from ../../generated_cpp/com_trolltech_qt_gui/com_trolltech_qt_gui0.cpp:1:
      ../../generated_cpp/com_trolltech_qt_gui/com_trolltech_qt_gui0.h:1130: error: expected class-name before '{' token
      ../../generated_cpp/com_trolltech_qt_gui/com_trolltech_qt_gui0.h: In constructor 'PythonQtShell_QAccessible::PythonQtShell_QAccessible()':
      ../../generated_cpp/com_trolltech_qt_gui/com_trolltech_qt_gui0.h:1132: error: class 'PythonQtShell_QAccessible' does not have any field named 'QAccessible'
      ../../generated_cpp/com_trolltech_qt_gui/com_trolltech_qt_gui0.h: At global scope:
      And so one

• Florian Link

Probably your platform does not support QAccessible, but PythonQt_QtAll contains wrappers for QAccessible (since they are available on Windows/Mac/Linux by default).

You can edit the .xml files in the generator directory and remove all QAccessible classes. Then you need to build and run the pythonqt_generator to create the new wrappers.
    Alternatively you can run the pythonqt_generator against the Qt header files of the Angstrom linux, but I have no idea where those are located on you system. You can set QTDIR to point to that directory and the generator will use those header files.

• Anton

Anton - 2015-03-04

Has no effect. Just comment any tags that have "QAccessible" in xml files (typesystem_gui.xml, typesystem_gui-common.xml, typesystem_gui-qtscript.xml), remove existent pythonqt_generator and start build again. Error raised same as before(

• Florian Link

The build script does NOT run the pythonqt_generator. You need to run it by yourself and it should generated a generated_cpp directory. Afterwards you need to re-run QMake on the project files and rebuild.

• Anton

Anton - 2015-03-04

As I understand, I should copy entire "generator" folder to Angstrom and run pythonqt_generator here, and I need Angstrom Qt headers also for that?

• Florian Link

Only if you don't change the xmls, if you remove the QAccessibility classes from the XML,
    you can run it on your local machine.

• Anton

Anton - 2015-03-05

On Angstrom installed Qt4.7.2(3) libs, and I decide to compile PythonQt2.1_Qt4.6.2 sources using Qt4.7.3 headers. Copied generator folder to Angstrom, run python_generator, successfully make generated_cpp folder. Transfer generated_cpp back again to local machine and re-run qmake. Some errors appear, my mention it because of Qt4.7.2 libs and PythonQt--4.6.2 versions incompatibility. Last chance is to try PythonQt2.1_Qt4.8.zip or may be Qt4.6.2 headers. Am I right?
      Errors was:

/home/arago-2011.09/armv7a/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/qt4 -I../../src -I. -o com_trolltech_qt_gui0.o ../../generated_cpp/com_trolltech_qt_gui/com_trolltech_qt_gui0.cpp
      ../../generated_cpp/com_trolltech_qt_gui/com_trolltech_qt_gui0.cpp: In member function 'virtual void PythonQtShell_QApplication::commitData(QSessionManager&)':
      ../../generated_cpp/com_trolltech_qt_gui/com_trolltech_qt_gui0.cpp:11450: error: 'commitData' is not a member of 'QApplication'
      ../../generated_cpp/com_trolltech_qt_gui/com_trolltech_qt_gui0.cpp: In member function 'virtual void PythonQtShell_QApplication::saveState(QSessionManager&)':
      ../../generated_cpp/com_trolltech_qt_gui/com_trolltech_qt_gui0.cpp:11568: error: 'saveState' is not a member of 'QApplication'
      ../../generated_cpp/com_trolltech_qt_gui/com_trolltech_qt_gui0.cpp: In member function 'bool PythonQtWrapper_QApplication::isSessionRestored(QApplication) const':
      ../../generated_cpp/com_trolltech_qt_gui/com_trolltech_qt_gui0.cpp:11704: error: 'class QApplication' has no member named 'isSessionRestored'
      ../../generated_cpp/com_trolltech_qt_gui/com_trolltech_qt_gui0.cpp: In member function 'QString PythonQtWrapper_QApplication::sessionId(QApplication
      ) const':
      ../../generated_cpp/com_trolltech_qt_gui/com_trolltech_qt_gui0.cpp:11769: error: 'class QApplication' has no member named 'sessionId'
      ../../generated_cpp/com_trolltech_qt_gui/com_trolltech_qt_gui0.cpp: In member function 'QString PythonQtWrapper_QApplication::sessionKey(QApplication) const':
      ../../generated_cpp/com_trolltech_qt_gui/com_trolltech_qt_gui0.cpp:11774: error: 'class QApplication' has no member named 'sessionKey'
      make[2]:
      ** [com_trolltech_qt_gui0.o] Error 1

Last edit: Anton 2015-03-05