Menu

suspend mode ??

Dizzmann
2010-06-08
2013-05-28
  • Dizzmann

Dizzmann - 2010-06-08

Id seems as if when my laptop (Windows 7) comes out of sleep, suspend the key logger stops working.  The timed screen shots still work and the click pictures work but the key logger is not being updated….  Any ideas ?   Thx!

• nanotube

nanotube - 2010-06-14

Hi,
    Interesting… could you try running the keylogger in debug mode, do a suspend/resume, and see if there's any interesting debug output being produced?

• Dizzmann

Dizzmann - 2010-06-15

ok, so its not a suspend\resume issue… 

it appears that screen capture part of py works for some period of time and then stops working. same thing with the keylogger, it works for a period of time and then stops logging keys, however the screen capture continues to work.

any way to log the debug output to a file and not the console ?

• nanotube

nanotube - 2010-06-15

if you enable the system log (general tab in the control panel), debug messages will be logged to the systemlog file.

i bet it's some exception cropping up that isn't handled, which borks up the loggers. so anything you discover will be helpful.

thanks!

• Dizzmann

Dizzmann - 2010-06-15

ok.  one more prob…  I cant get into the Control Panel  LCTRL + RCTRL + F12 doesnt do anything …

Can I just manually edit the ini file and change the Control Key entry  to something in the Control Key Tooltip line ?

Control Key = Control_L;Control_R;F12

to something like

• Dizzmann

Dizzmann - 2010-06-15

Control Key = Control_L;Control_R;K;D

are alpha characters case sensitive ?

Thx!   Ill let you know how I make out & what shows up.

• nanotube

nanotube - 2010-06-15

I guess you have already figured it out, but just for the record :)

yes you can edit the ini directly, and no, they're not case sensitive.

• Gesangbaer

Gesangbaer - 2010-12-20

I had this problem at first too.

The problem seems to be that you have to hold the keys down for a moment, then when you let them go the control panel login pops up.

Someone might want to add this to the documentation.

• Gesangbaer

Gesangbaer - 2010-12-20

First comment on source forge, missed the convo entirely.

My problem was that I couldn't bring up the control panel by using the default keys. After play around for awhile I figured out that I needed to hold in the keys for a moment to bring up the control panel.

Dev's I'm guessing that the two of us aren't the only people who've had this issue. Maybe you could add something about it to the documentation?

Thanks!