Menu

PyKE no longer compatible with ply >= 3.7

Help
2015-10-01
2015-12-23
  • Daniele Tricoli

Daniele Tricoli - 2015-10-01

Hello,
    pyke is no longer compatible with the newer version (3.7) of ply. Is there a plan to update it?

Thanks,
    Daniele

• Bruce Frederiksen

Unfortunately, I have no plans for Pyke. I've got a couple of other projects taking up my time now and am not using Pyke myself. There have been 100,000 downloads on sourceforge, I'm not sure how many from the Ubuntu package. So far, only one developer made contributions to it (and those were significant).

The project needs somebody to spearhead it. I can help answering questions here and there.

If it were me, I'd drop support for Python2 in the next version. There are several updates that could be done. In Pyke's predecessor, I had keyword-like arguments on facts. These proved useful for doing an SQL knowledge-base that would take facts from database tables, and translation fact assertion to inserting rows. I wasn't sure how much this was really needed, so left it out.

It would be nice to get more eyes on it to figure out where it should go from here. But I get almost no feedback from the people that have downloaded it.

I have no objection to somebody else picking up the ball here and running with it.

• Matt DeBoard

Matt DeBoard - 2015-12-23

Might you consider transferring the source & revision history to git? i.e. bitbucket or github?