Menu

problem with debugging

Kregelo
2006-10-17
2013-03-15
  • Kregelo

Kregelo - 2006-10-17

Hi all,
    i just installed pydev 1.2.4 on eclipse 3.2 but i cannot debug. When i select debug or run i get an error "Unable to get location for run" and no console is launched.
    I first thought this to be a problem with PYTHONPATH. But in preferences for pydev everything seems to be ok. The interpreter and the corresponding libraries are given correctly.
    Any ideas or hints?

Thanks in advance T.Kregelo

• Fabio Zadrozny

Fabio Zadrozny - 2006-10-17

Do you have the stack-trace for it? (you can probably check that in the error log)

• Kregelo

Kregelo - 2006-10-18

In the error log with the message "Unable to get location for run" the exeption stack trace says "An exception stack trace is not available." and the session data is "eclipse.buildId=M20060921-0945
      java.fullversion=GNU libgcj 4.0.2 20051125 (Red Hat 4.0.2-8)
      BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86, WS=gtk, NL=de_DE
      Command-line arguments:  -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86
      ". Is there any possibility to activate the stack trace for pydev manually? (i am just beginning with eclipse).
      Furthermore i have an error in between the "Unable to get location for run" errors with the message "No message gotten." which has an exeption stack trace "java.lang.NullPointerException
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.localstore.FileSystemResourceManager.allPathsForLocation(java.net.URI) (Unknown Source)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.localstore.FileSystemResourceManager.allResourcesFor(java.net.URI, boolean) (Unknown Source)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.WorkspaceRoot.findFilesForLocationURI(java.net.URI) (Unknown Source)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.WorkspaceRoot.findFilesForLocation(org.eclipse.core.runtime.IPath) (Unknown Source)
      at org.python.pydev.plugin.PydevPlugin.getWorkspaceFile(java.io.File) (Unknown Source)
      at org.python.pydev.builder.pycremover.PycRemoverBuilderVisitor.treatPycFile(java.lang.String) (Unknown Source)
      at org.python.pydev.builder.pycremover.PycRemoverBuilderVisitor.visitRemovedResource(org.eclipse.core.resources.IResource, org.eclipse.jface.text.IDocument, org.eclipse.core.runtime.IProgressMonitor) (Unknown Source)
      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(java.lang.Object, java.lang.Object[]) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
      at org.python.pydev.core.REF.invoke(java.lang.Object, java.lang.reflect.Method, java.lang.Object[]) (Unknown Source)
      at org.python.pydev.core.REF.invoke(java.lang.Object, java.lang.String, java.lang.Object[]) (Unknown Source)
      at org.python.pydev.builder.PydevGrouperVisitor.visitWith(java.lang.String, boolean, org.eclipse.core.resources.IResource, org.eclipse.jface.text.IDocument, org.eclipse.core.runtime.IProgressMonitor) (Unknown Source)
      at org.python.pydev.builder.PydevGrouperVisitor.visitRemovedResource(org.eclipse.core.resources.IResource, org.eclipse.jface.text.IDocument, org.eclipse.core.runtime.IProgressMonitor) (Unknown Source)
      at org.python.pydev.builder.PydevInternalResourceDeltaVisitor.chooseVisit(org.eclipse.core.resources.IResourceDelta, org.eclipse.core.resources.IResource, boolean) (Unknown Source)
      at org.python.pydev.builder.PydevInternalResourceDeltaVisitor.visit(org.eclipse.core.resources.IResourceDelta) (Unknown Source)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.ResourceDelta.accept(org.eclipse.core.resources.IResourceDeltaVisitor, int) (Unknown Source)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.ResourceDelta.accept(org.eclipse.core.resources.IResourceDeltaVisitor, int) (Unknown Source)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.ResourceDelta.accept(org.eclipse.core.resources.IResourceDeltaVisitor) (Unknown Source)
      at org.python.pydev.builder.PyDevBuilder.build(int, java.util.Map, org.eclipse.core.runtime.IProgressMonitor) (Unknown Source)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$2.run() (Unknown Source)
      at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(org.eclipse.core.runtime.ISafeRunnable) (Unknown Source)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(int, org.eclipse.core.resources.IncrementalProjectBuilder, java.util.Map, org.eclipse.core.runtime.MultiStatus, org.eclipse.core.runtime.IProgressMonitor) (Unknown Source)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(org.eclipse.core.resources.IProject, int, org.eclipse.core.resources.ICommand[], org.eclipse.core.runtime.MultiStatus, org.eclipse.core.runtime.IProgressMonitor) (Unknown Source)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$1.run() (Unknown Source)
      at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(org.eclipse.core.runtime.ISafeRunnable) (Unknown Source)
      ".

• Kregelo

Kregelo - 2006-10-18

In the meantime i found something strange about plugins in general with my eclipse installation.
      The installed plugins (PyDEV and ShellEd) are not activated in /Help/Software Updates/Manage Configuration/Show Disabled Features. When i try to enable them there is an error "Unable to complete action for feature "PyDev for Eclipse" due to errors. [java.util.ConcurrentModificationException]" and on the console from which i started eclipse i see an error "*sys-package-mgr*: processing modified jar, '/usr/share/java/libgcj-4.0.2.jar'
      *sys-package-mgr*: can't write cache file for '/usr/share/java/libgcj-4.0.2.jar'". How can i check where sys-package-mgr writes cache files?

• Kregelo

Kregelo - 2006-10-19

Ok one step forward ...
      PyDev is now registered correctly. It just works after clicking two times on enable.
      But i still cannot debug neither as root nor as user. There is still this error "Unable to get location for run" with no stack trace. All other errors are gone.
      What is this "location for run"?
      Any ideas ????
      T.K.

• Kregelo

Kregelo - 2006-10-19

I thing i just found the cause but no solution.
      Under "Debug/create manage and run configurations/Python Run" i can create a configuration for debugging. In the edit form for this configuration there is a tab "Arguments". Here i can enter the "Base directory" etc. But there is no possibility to enter the "location" (the file to execute) as there was in older Versions of PyDEV (i tried 0.9.3).
      So, where can i enter the location for run meaning the file to execute???
      Any help or suggestions are really appreciated. T.K.

• Fabio Zadrozny

Fabio Zadrozny - 2006-10-19

In the main tab you should have the project that contains that file and the main module (which is the absolute path to the file).

However, if you just open an editor with the file you want to run and press F9 it should fill all that for you...

Cheers,

Fabio