Menu

talk.php

Help
Matt
2005-08-17
2013-04-25
  • Matt

Matt - 2005-08-17

I finally got MySQL to work and decided to try out the example that came with Program E.  I loaded the XML and AIML files through botloader.php and clicked on the link to talk.php.  Whenever I type something into the text box and hit enter, it simply reloads the page.  Is there something else I forgot to set to make it work.

And to be fair, I should warn you:  you'll hear from me in this forum a lot over the next few months.  :-)

• Anne Kootstra

Anne Kootstra - 2005-08-17

Could you explain to us what browser your using, what software the server runs. Do you have cookies enabled in your browser etc.

As ever,

Anne

• Matt

Matt - 2005-08-17

Whoops.  You'd think I'd remember that by now.

I'm using Firefox on XP with Apache as my server.  I'm sure it's some config setting I need to type in; it usually is.  Still kind of odd, though, that it just refreshes.

Thanks, Anne.

• Anne Kootstra

Anne Kootstra - 2005-08-18

At present I have no idea how to recreate your problem. Perhaps an overzealous proxy, perhaps some other agressive caching mechanism. Should you figure it out, then I'd love to hear about it.

My appologies that I can't be of more service.

As ever,
          Anne

• Matt

Matt - 2005-08-19

My professor had me change $HTTP_POST_VARS to $_REQUEST in the three instances in talk.php.  That made it not recognize the bot after the first respose, though, and am now looking for a fix for that.  Given my very recent start in PHP (about two weeks ago), this may take some time.

Oh, and there was a <?php missing in talk.php as well.  It should have been at the end of line 56, after taking out ";

• Matt

Matt - 2005-08-20

Found that last bug; I had missed one of the $HTTP_POST_VARS in the 'if' in talk.php.  It appears to be working fine now.

• Anne Kootstra

Anne Kootstra - 2005-08-21

Good to hear that you have solved your problems. If there are any structural problems with the Program E code, then I'd love to hear about it. Feel free to fill in a bug report and I'll look at it as soon as I can.

As ever,

Anne

• Matt

Matt - 2005-08-18

I've got a little more info for you.

I put a tracer in talk.php after the else starts up.  It always prints, so $HTTP_POST_VARS is always seen as 'unset'.  I tried changing isset to !empty, but that didn't change anything either, which is odd.