Menu

Source compilation does not work

Help
2008-09-16
2013-04-30
  • Ivo Swartjes

Ivo Swartjes - 2008-09-16

Hi,

Thanks for developing this plugin. Your project goal sounds very promising, I have been waiting for a plugin that can do more than simple syntax highlighting for Prolog.

I've just installed the plugin and everything seems to work fine (even running Prolog files in a SWI-Prolog session), except the source compilation feature. Whatever I type in a Prolog editor gets syntax highlighted correctly, but never compiled - or so it seems. I've tried removing periods after predicates, or using nonexistent predicate as goals in other predicates, but the editor does not complain with errors.

Anything I might be missing? Since I can successfully run Prolog files in a SWI session (using plcon.exe on a windows machine), I don't understand what could be wrong. I'm using Eclipse SDK 3.3.1.1

Thanks,
    Ivo

• Carolina Serrano

Hi Ivo,
      Have you configured the swi compiler at the windows preferences page ?

Please visit http://prodevtools.sourceforge.net/configuration.html  if you haven't  and let me know if the file finally compiled :)

Regards,
      Carolina

• Ivo Swartjes

Ivo Swartjes - 2008-09-24

Hi Carolina,

Thanks for your reply. I have indeed configured the SWI compiler (selected plcon.exe in pl/bin), and "Swi Compiler" is selected as the Default Compiler. I assume this is done correctly as I can select "Run as -> Run SWI session" on a Prolog file and it will open in the Eclipse console, compiled and well. Some more things I tried:

* No errors or warnings to be seen about prolog files in either the prolog perspective or the java perspective, so it's not a "matter of perspective".
      * Errors that I introduce to test the compiler do end up as errors when I open a SWI session in the Eclipse console, so they are "legitimate errors" :)
      * I think this problem doesn't have to do with the SWI-Prolog version (used both 5.6.54 and 5.6.60 to no avail).
      * Building automatically or building manually makes no difference.

Anyone else got problems with the compilation error feature?

Thanks,
      Ivo