NotSupportedException (at first start)

Help
mseewald
2008-02-22
2013-05-02
  • mseewald

mseewald - 2008-02-22

Hello,

I try running Pocket Freemind on a Samsung Blackjack (SGH-i600, Windows Mobile 6, Smartphone without touchpad). It installs fine, but at startup I get "an unexpected error" and then after the click on "Details":

PocketFreemind.exe
    NotSupportedException

at Microsoft.AGL.Common.MISC.HandleAr()
    at System.Windows.Forms.OpenFileDialog..ctor()
    at PocketFreemind.frmMain.InitializeComponent()
    at PocketFreemind.frmMain..ctor()
    at PocketFreemind.Program.Main()

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks & best regards,
    Michael

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2008-02-24

Pocket Freemind does not yet support Smartphones. Smartphone support is planned for a feature release but this work has not yet been started.

Peter

• mseewald

mseewald - 2008-02-24

Hello Peter,
        Let me know if you need someone to test a future smartphone release. I'd be happy to do that.
        Best wishes,
        Michael

• John Ellison

John Ellison - 2009-04-08

Peter or someone,
      Has smartphone support been included in the Jan release?  I get the same errors as above and I'm running samsung blackjack II with the newest freemind mobile installed.  Thanks, John

• hi-octane

hi-octane - 2009-09-14

Can I please second the request to add smartphone (with and without touchscreen) support for Pocket Freemind.

I am willing to test future releases of this feature.

• hi-octane

hi-octane - 2009-09-14

I suggest consolidation around replacing the common dialogs in Pocket Freemind with tGetFile.dll replacement which does work on smartphones.

Available from: http://tillanosoft.com/ce/tgetfile.html

• hi-octane

hi-octane - 2009-09-14

One problem with tGetFile.dll is that it uses C headers, rather then being C#.  Maintainers  (kedge, puddlehaven, rollone), will this destroy C# purity of the codebase (ie undesirable)?  On quick inspection of the CVS codebase it does appear pure C#.  Would a Smartphone Freemind fork be better?

• hi-octane

hi-octane - 2009-09-14

tGetFile.dll can be accessed from the code using DLL imports:

public static extern bool tGetOpen3(int i1, int i2, int i3, IntPtr p1);

public static extern bool tGetSave3(int i1, int i2, int i3, IntPtr p1);

The code base only appears to use open and save from common dialogs.

• hi-octane

hi-octane - 2009-09-14

Some of the UI appears to use Buttons, which is also problematic on smartphones…  How hard is it to change these to menus?

• hi-octane

hi-octane - 2009-09-14

A thought about licensing:

Pocket Freemind is licensed under GPL v2
    tGetFile.dll is freeware closed source with the limitation that no redistribution is allowed.  This might limit/complicate the way it is installed on smartphones…

"
    tGetFile.dll is a free software. However, unlike the other Tillanosoft free software, redistribution of tGetFile.dll is not permitted. License condition is written in a distributed file. Read the condition before using the tGetFile.dll.
    "

• Keith Rowe

Keith Rowe - 2010-04-27

Same problem with my Motorola Moto  Q 9c.  Would love to beta test SmartPhone version for you. Keith