Menu

PNotes.NET beta 1

oldlamer
2013-06-08
2015-02-19
  • oldlamer

oldlamer - 2013-06-09
    1. Added information to help
    2. "DropBox" plugin renamed to "Dropbox" in order to conform to Dropbox guidelines. No changes in functionality.

• AJ Luna

AJ Luna - 2013-06-13

Bugs:
    1) Choosing skinnable gives me this error
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at PNStaticDrawing.StaticDrawing.CalculateControlGraphicsPath(Bitmap bitmap, Color colorTransparent)
    at PNStaticDrawing.StaticDrawing.RegionFromBitmap(Bitmap bitmap, Color transparentColor)
    at PNotes.NET.DlgNote.DlgNote_Activated(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\VS2010Projects\PNotes - NET\PNotes.NET\DlgNote.cs:line 1902
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnActivated(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.set_Active(Boolean value)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmActivate(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Request:
    1) Remove the splash screen. It's not neccssary to a note-taking program.
    2) When importing pnotes, please restore the groups also.

• oldlamer

oldlamer - 2013-06-13

Bugs:
    Thank you very much for discovering the bug! I forgot to add skins directory to setup, but of course it's not a good reason for crash.
    Requests:
    1. It's necessary for slow systems and large amount of notes.
    2. I don't remember why I haven't added groups to import, may be there was a reason, but I'll check why.

• AJ Luna

AJ Luna - 2013-06-14

Hi.
    I have to correct myself. The program wasn't crashing, but due to the amount of error dialogs popping, I had to kill its process in Task Manager.

Regarding the splash, can you at least make it smaller and not always on top?

Last edit: AJ Luna 2013-06-14
  • Steven Avery

Steven Avery - 2015-02-19

The new option to not show the splash screen helped.

Still, a suggestion. The splash screen is always on top. The message (when you get it, eg. after a forced reboot)

"program did not finish correctly last time. Would you like to load auto-saved notes."

Can be hidden behind a wall of startup stuff. And the splash screen does not go away until you find the message and answer it. So if the splash screen is always on top, then the message should be as well.

Thanks!