The new client for the free 3d fantasy mmorpg PlaneShift is now available for Windows, Linux and MacOSX. Download it from the project home page http://www.planeshift.it
* Added introducing. By default your character doesn't know anyone else except NPCs. You can introduce your character to others by right-clicking and clicking introduce or by using /introduce.
* A new updater! Right now it does not have a GUI yet, but works via a console.
* Public Books. Books that are editable by anyone and thus can have multiple authors.
* You can now load books from local files or save them to local files. Now get started on those newspapers!
* Collision Detection on items. Enabled by default for guildhouses.
* Support for custom item names.
* Guildhouses will now have signposts.
* You can now precisely place items in the world. The item will appear where you release the item with your cursor.
* You can now sort the Spell Book.
* A new monster has been discovered, the horrible Velnishi!
* Prepare to get lost in two underground networks of caves! The entrances may be found at unlikely places.
* Silent worshippers of the Unspoken One, a temple has been founded. Hallowed is the Flame!
* Discover Gugrontid, the rock-solid home of the Kran.
* Grass effects were removed from various maps. They will return when they can be rendered more effectively.
* More maps now use the new "Lighter2" lightmap system for creating light and shadows.
* More maps now use genmeshes instead of thingmeshes.
* Finally, a pile of dust!
* Two new staves.
* A full plate armour set for the Female Enkidukai and Male Stonebreaker.
* A full leather set for the Dermorian Female.
* A new Group Window, it's more minimalistic and displays race icons.
* An enormously huge number of changes and fixes has been done to the GUI. It looks way better now!
* Improved font scaling.
* You can now select how many PP you want to spend on a training session. Prevents RSI Wink
* Redesigned the Entity Labels system, it also uses a new font!
* The sell window now displays item names and quality, this to prevent accidental sales of crafted items.
Quests & Events:
* The /quest command has been extended to give GMs much more control.
* Many changes to the quest code to solve many issues like NPCs forgetting about the player.
* When giving items to NPCs you can now give them all at once and in any order.
* You can now discard events.
* Many new books, quests and NPCs!
Movement and Combat:
* NPCs that become stuck, naturally or unnaturally, will be disabled.
* Faster strafing speed.
* Many changes to mouselook to make it work better.
* When "falling off the map", players will be returned to the map they fell off.
* After using /unstick autorun will be disabled, so you don't run into that hole yet again Wink
* Guild Wars are now persistent during server restarts/crashes.
* When you are affected by Dakkru's Curse, you will not be able to use heavy swords and armour anymore. They remain equipped, but disabled.
* All weapons now have a range. To attack with a dagger you need to be closer to your target than with a claymore.
* AutoRun(R) was changed to AutoMove(R), by using ToggleRun(Left-Alt) you can switch movement in AutoMove from walking to running and vice versa. Run(Left-Shift) works like before.
* Many code cleanups.
* Various optimizations to map loading and unloading.
* Added a threaded "delayed" sql query executor for better performance.
* Many changes to the code to prevent unnecessary database queries, will increase performance.
* Added an experimental threaded DR (Dead Reckoning) manager to improve network traffic efficiency.
* Fixed many server and client crashes.
* Fixed many server and client memory leaks.
* Now using latest Crystal Space 1.2, which includes many bug fixes.
* Now you can only give another character guild permissions you have yourself too, not higher.
* The pet's summoned duration is now based on your stats.
* Better anti-chatflooding measures.
* Instead of right-click you can also use ctrl-leftclick. Handy if you're on a Mac or when your right-click is broken.
* You can now only read a book if it is in your possession. You can view a description of the book instead during trading.
* If someone is on your ignore list, his chatbubbles will not be shown either.