From: John H. Kelm <johnhkelm@us...> - 2005-07-14 22:04:43
Update of /cvsroot/gaim/web/htdocs/summerofcode/john/posts
In directory sc8-pr-cvs1.sourceforge.net:/tmp/cvs-serv28238/posts
--- NEW FILE: 2005-07-14.txt ---
Perl is wierd.
I was able to get the perl interpreter working with HEAD, but now I realized that it was only a hack. By statically linking our XSUB module with our perl loader plugin, it works--but only when you also have they dynamically loadable shared library installed. This is no good. It looks like it is back to the drawing board, sort of. I have one idea that I will try out tomorrow where I create a shared library and stick the perl interpreter in there then load it from the loader plugin. On another side note, I was able to get a few more XSUBs working that I was debugging. <code>Gaim::Account::connect()</code> began working as soon as I changed the account's status prior to attempting to connect. Prior to doing this, it would just crash Gaim.
So, the challenge is now to get the embedded perl interpreter either working as a completely static library of XSUBs compiled in with the embedded interpreter, or try dynamically loading the interpreter. We will see how it progresses tomorrow.