This is based off 1.3.4 distribution.
I found that I needed to provide several other bits of
information to ldap to connect and authenticat against
AD properly, given my situation:
1) Windows Domain locked down to not allow anonymous
connections to search the LDAP
2) Given 1), I had to provide username (in LDAP
format)+ password to connect to the server first. This
was not as simple as say 'CN=USERNAME,OU=USERS" as I've
reorganised our AD tree to match our structure.
There are 2 group of changes :
to index.php : added new variables that I found I
needed. Example settings set.
to lib/WikiUser.php : ( Commented out with an if
(false) the ldap implementation in 1.3.4) . Added
slightly some options to LDAP (protocol version,etc),
and using the new variables defined in index.php
Hope it helps. Feel free to get in touch w/me for more
testing in AD.
Haven't tested connecting to AD over SSL yet.