Rick Boatright - 2007-08-23

I freely admit I'm learning PHP as I go, and XML and XSL -- learning fast, but I can't get this to work...

I want to print something conditionally.  -- if units < 1 then print "Missing Units"

So,  I tried: 

<COL COLSPAN="8" TYPE="EXPRESSION" CELLCLASS="FOOTER" TEXTCLASS="BOLD" ALIGN="RIGHT">($this->getVALUE("units")<1?"missing Units":" ")</COL>

and got an entity error on the <  (Change < to > and it runs, it's just not the logic I need.)

ok, ok, I know, turn the evaluation around and use > .. fine but if I want to do something more complex... then, I tried to follow the instructions in the manual and create a function calling it like this:

<COL TYPE="EXPRESSION" CELLCLASSEVEN="EVEN" CELLCLASSODD="ODD" ALIGN="RIGHT">$this->rdeerrors()</COL>

and I created a little dummy function

function rdeerrors() {
    return "test";
}

let's ignore for a moment that I need to pass parameters to the function, 'cause I can't get that far.  No matter where I put it,  I get

Fatal error: Call to undefined method PHPReportCol::rdeerrors() in C:\wamp\www\phpreports\php\PHPReportCol.php(308) : eval()'d code on line 1

So, where SHOULD I put the function definition?  Help?  I'm feeling _SO_ stupid at this point. 

-_ Rick