Using version 3.2.0-rc of phplayersmenu, and Microsoft
Internet Exploder version 6.0.2800, the sub-menus of
horizontal menus disappear immediately on mouseover,
apparently only at smaller window dimensions, only after
the page is fully loaded.
This bug can not be reproduced using Mozilla on Linux,
nor Mozilla on Windows. (surprise, it only affects
To reproduce this bug:
1. visit http://phplayersmenu.sourceforge.net/
2. Adjust browser window so that it is at least 700px
wide. (At this width, the entire horizontal menu is
available without a horizontal scrollbar in IE)
3. Mouse over the menu item labelled 'Project Page on
SF.net', and move the mouse over the sub-menus.
(Notice how they cascade from left to right, and remain
visible as long as the mouse is positioned over any sub-
4. Now resize the browser window so that it is only
500px wide. (At this width, the right scrollbar is
immediately adjacent to the menu item labelled 'Project
Page on SF.net')
5. Repeat step 3. The sub-menus will cascade to the
left in order to appear on the visible screen 'canvas'.
Notice how the sub-menus appear while the mouse is
over the main menu, but immediately disappear when
you move the mouse to hover over the sub-menus.
6. IMPORTANT: At any window size, the sub-menus
WILL work as expected until all images are downloaded
for the page. Once the menu images are fully
downloaded (and presumably at the point that the script
loaded = 1 is evaluated?), the bug will begin to manifest
7. Repeat step 2 and 3 without reloading the page, and
the sub-menus work again.