Menu

Duplicate players and List of available players

Help
2014-10-01
2015-03-19
  • Sebastian Lucas

Sebastian Lucas - 2014-10-01

Is there a chance to not add players which are picked before?

Where i can find a list of available players?

Please reply asap

• Matthew Orres

Matthew Orres - 2014-10-01

Sebastien,

In the latest development branch this is a new feature that I've recently completed, but the version it's contained in hasn't been fully tested and fixed yet to become the latest release. Here's the ticket in JIRA that explains the feature: https://phpdraft.atlassian.net/browse/PHPD-67

Essentially, when you go to hit the "Enter Pick" button, we make an AJAX call to the server to perform a string match (as in, the LAST and FIRST names must match EXACTLY) and return all picks that match. If there are one or more picks that seem similar, a dialog will pop up explaining this ("Hey, looks like Peyton Manning (QB - DEN) has already been drafted in the 1st Round, are you sure?"), and gives you the option to enter it anyways, or cancel to edit the pick.

Two options:

If you need this absolutely immediately, you can download the source from the Bitbucket repository here: https://bitbucket.org/mattheworres/phpdraft/downloads (download v1.3 branch). This comes with the caveat that it should work, but there might be a few issues here or there. If you come across any, please let me know so I can fix them quickly.

If you can wait, I'll try and get the rest of version 1.3 finished and polished so I can make a new release. This will take a bit of time, but there are a few other great features coming in 1.3 that I think you'll enjoy too (pick timers being one of them!).

Please let me know if this helps.

• Matthew Orres

Matthew Orres - 2015-03-19

Version 1.3 was officially released today, and one of the features it adds is a check before every pick that checks to see if anyone has drafted that player before. Sebastien, next time you run a draft use the latest sourcecode, your issue has been resolved.