Menu

Encoding issues

Help
2012-07-11
2014-01-20
  • Astral Cake

Astral Cake - 2012-07-11

I want to translate gui to russian language.

1) How can I add my new language to the languages list?
    2) Phrases I translated displayed incorrect. Seems it uses iso-8859-1 encoding when I need to use UTF-8.

Help.

• Kai Reinhard

Kai Reinhard - 2012-07-14

Hi,

please refer:
    http://www.projectforge.org/doc/DeveloperGuide.html#section6.9
    ProjectForge uses UTF-8 for the data-base and all other stuff. But due to Java the resource files are encoded in iso-8859-1 by Java, therefore you need a special resource editor to edit those files (e. g. you can use an ide such as Eclipse or Netbeans). Simply google it: "resource java editor iso-8859-1". With those editors you can simply use UTF-8 characters.

All i18n stuff is handled in org.projectforge.web.I18nCore. Here you may simply add your language(s) in LOCALIZATIONS.

If you need further help, please let me know. I would appreciate if you send me the Russian translation files so I can put them into the distribution.
    If you're not an developer, send me the translation files (as far as you have translated them) and I'll do the rest.

Thanks
    Kai

• hipnoz

hipnoz - 2014-01-18

I want to translate to bulgarian language (Cyrillic alphabet).
    I have tried but the phrases are not displayed correctly. I’m not a developer. This is the file with translation. Can you help me? Thank you in advance.

Last edit: hipnoz 2014-01-18
  • Kai Reinhard

Kai Reinhard - 2014-01-20

Hi, it's important to choose a special Java i18n Properties-Editor such as Eclipse, because Java needs a special file encoding.
    Regards
    Kai