This is a new minor bug-fix release of various things found over the last several months (since 0.4.2). I still consider this beta, but I use it on my own blog without problems.
This is a new minor bug-fix release of various things found over the last couple of years (since 0.4.1). I still consider this beta, but I use it on my own blog without problems.
This is a minor bug fix/enhancement release. Here are the major new features:
* A default icon is now available, thanks to James Nicholls <http://sourceforge.net/users/nijineko>
* The Pavatars now show in newer Mozilla browsers (Firefox, SeaMonkey, etc.), because the cache now sends the MIME type.
* It's installable on b2evolution 3.x now. Existing installations had no problems, but trying to install it for the first time in 3.x would produce an error.
This is a PHP library to display Pavatars. Plugins for b2evolution and WordPress based on the library are included.
0.4 is a minor release, but it fixes a major problem: IE 6 support (or the lack thereof). It also has minor bug fixes, makes it clear PHP 5 is required, doesn't require allow_url_fopen to be enabled (hypothetically), and some other things.
This is still beta software, but I encourage you to use it and submit bugs.
This release has some big changes:
* The generic code has been moved out of the b2evolution plugin, making it into a generic library (yes, the b2evolution plugin is still included, but it makes use of the generic library)
* WordPress plugin has been built also (but I have no intention of maintaining it)
* Decent caching support
* Support for Gravatars when a Pavatar isn't available (enabled in the WordPress plugin; disabled but possible to enable in the b2evolution plugin)
Versions 0.1 and 0.2 are available in the file releases and the latest code is available through Subversion. This is a Pavatar plugin for b2evolution but I can see it being extended to a general PHP library (a la Bad Behavior) in the future; most of the code is not b2evolution-specific.
If you're interested, download it and report any bugs you find. I doubt this will have a site; I'm more interested in using a Wiki for documentation, tips, etc.