Menu

Par on folders - par to secure harddrives

2009-05-04
2014-09-08
  • Nobody/Anonymous

In the recent past I had several drop outs of harddrives, especially reading errors. Despite most data could be recovered and was copied to another functional device, some files got lost. I would like to apply par technology not just on files, but on folders to secure the data stored within. Unfortunately with quickpar it appears that I can select files ony and not folders together with their subfolders. Does anybody know a solution? It is too much work to go into each folder and select each single file. In my collection there are hundred thousands of single files in hundreds of folders. It would be feasible to select some subfolders, let us say containing up to 50 gigabytes each, and let create par files for their content toghether with the folder/subfolder structure. If one day one or some of the files are unreadable for whatever reason, then they should be recovered by the par mechanism. People may suggest to use RAID for securing harddrives. But there are reasons for RAID not to work. Encrypted disks for example or simply not enough money to buy harddisk space twice, especially when one talks in dimensions of several terabytes. Par would be a solution, but why does the interface demand selection of files and does not recognize folders and substructure? Anybody knows an alternative software that does?

• Victor Escudero Rubio

Multipar PAR2 client available through multipar.eu and the optimized par_tbb deal with directories and subdirectories the you expect.

• srfsrf2

srfsrf2 - 2011-08-17

Tips for Goose Repellent and Control
    If that 
    cheap christian louboutinyou're a novice at this sort of topic, then this may be considered a great guide for you. The finest program program of goose deterrent is the a specific the fits your situation. In other words, some methods work superior for some individuals and some work superior for others. However, I normally want to begin from essentially the most common of tactics to the way in which more advanced. I don't actually want to compose fluff articles, so let's get straight down to business should we? First of, don't feed the geese. It helps make it simpler to have clear of these once they do not have a rationale to keep coming back for your property for food. Another great goose repellent may properly be considered a coyote decoy. The coyote have been proven to eradicate enough geese and therefore they naturally worry this predator. when you carry out the utilization of these decoys, then ensure to move them close to every so typically so how the birds do not get accustomed to them. Alligator mind decoys also work actually properly in ponds and lakes.
    Another great program program for keeping them away of a lawn is the movement activated sprinkler. they are actually efficient at  christian louboutin cheapkeeping these pesky birds from implanting their feces all close to the place. o