Menu

How to embed an iframe?

Developers
jlim
2011-10-18
2013-05-15
  • jlim

jlim - 2011-10-18

Hi, we inherited an existing application written in P4A but for new functionality, we would like to use other technologies. I plan to just maintaining the navigational elements of P4A but adding new tabs as needed for new functionality. The idea is for these new tabs, rather than calling the P4A masks that creates the HTML elements and what not, I just want it to create an iframe and within it call other scripts (within the same server). So, another framework will exists inside with iframe and not events will not be handled by P4A.

Is this feasible? If so, how does one create just an iframe within the P4A app doing what I described above. Any other suggestions?

I would like to use extjs primary for future development. Backend could be in php or perl but we have lots of existing scripts already living in Perl that is merging with this P4A app. I figured the easiest would be to keep P4A menus and then pointing to the appropriate Perl/ExtJS front/backend with iframe.

Thanks for any advice.

• croaker___

croaker___ - 2011-10-18

You should easily be able to insert iframes into your masks using P4A_Box. I expect you'll still need to point your menu items to your masks though.

PS: You might have a better response to this in the User's forum rather than the Developer's…