OR 3.0.1 Report Editing

diaben
2008-03-21
2013-04-25
  • diaben

diaben - 2008-03-21

Hello,
    I upgreaded to openreports 3.0.1 and I found this issue:
    When I log in as Administrator and attempt to edit an existing Report to add other output types (e.g. Excel) and press SAVE I get a message on the screen:

query must begin with SELECT or FROM: DELETE [DELETE org.efs.openreports.objects.ORTag orTag where orTag.objectId = ? and orTag.objectClass = ? and orTag.tagType = ? ]

I went into debug mode and narrowed this down to a statement in TagProviderImpl.java:

session
                        .createQuery(
                                "DELETE org.efs.openreports.objects.ORTag orTag where orTag.objectId = ? and orTag.objectClass = ? and orTag.tagType = ? ")
                        .setInteger(0, objectId.intValue()).setString(1, objectClass.getName()).setString(2, tagType).executeUpdate();

stacktrace is as follows:

org.hibernate.QueryException: query must begin with SELECT or FROM: DELETE [DELETE org.efs.openreports.objects.ORTag orTag where orTag.objectId = ? and orTag.objectClass = ? and orTag.tagType = ? ]
        at org.hibernate.hql.classic.ClauseParser.token(ClauseParser.java:83)
        at org.hibernate.hql.classic.PreprocessingParser.token(PreprocessingParser.java:108)
        at org.hibernate.hql.classic.ParserHelper.parse(ParserHelper.java:28)
        at org.hibernate.hql.classic.QueryTranslatorImpl.compile(QueryTranslatorImpl.java:191)
        at org.hibernate.hql.classic.QueryTranslatorImpl.compile(QueryTranslatorImpl.java:167)
        at org.hibernate.engine.query.HQLQueryPlan.<init>(HQLQueryPlan.java:75)
        at org.hibernate.engine.query.HQLQueryPlan.<init>(HQLQueryPlan.java:54)
        at org.hibernate.engine.query.QueryPlanCache.getHQLQueryPlan(QueryPlanCache.java:71)
        at org.hibernate.impl.AbstractSessionImpl.getHQLQueryPlan(AbstractSessionImpl.java:133)
        at org.hibernate.impl.AbstractSessionImpl.createQuery(AbstractSessionImpl.java:112)
        at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.createQuery(SessionImpl.java:1583)
        at org.efs.openreports.providers.impl.TagProviderImpl.setTags(TagProviderImpl.java:206)
        at org.efs.openreports.actions.admin.EditReportAction.execute(EditReportAction.java:248)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

Is this a problem with my setup or is this a bug?
    Thanks, Diane

• diaben

diaben - 2008-04-17

Also, one more note on this. When I select other output types as described above the update does take place correctly (i.e. the new output types selected do show up as options when I go to run the report), but the above error in my log shows up.