Menu

Non US characters

Manager
2007-09-30
2013-05-02
  • Anders Görtz

Anders Görtz - 2007-09-30

Hi,

This seems like a great product I must say. When I started testing it today I noticed that all Swedish characters were incorrect, instead of å, ä, ö they became φ and similar.

Best Regards
    /Anders
    Ps. Can't wait until the Linux server comes Ds.

• kalohr

kalohr - 2007-10-01

The interface is based on utf-8. Does this happen on all parts of the interface? We would like to correct this problem. Could you also send us the translations of the interface strings for Swedish?

Kalohr

• Anders Görtz

Anders Görtz - 2007-10-01

I have just done some quick testing and here is a report.

1. The original report was from the inventory part were I didn't get a å, ä or ö instead I got the φ and similar.
      2. When trying to add a new PC group I can use å, ä or ö. I get the error message "Query execution error:rm onsql: select * machinegroupnames where name="bärbara" and is_deleted=false". Where 'bärbara' would be the pc groupname(bärbara ~= laptop in swedish)
      3. If I add a group with swedish characters in the description the characters end up as questionmarks.

Sure I can help with translations, just send the strings to anders.gortz@bredband.net .

BR
      /Anders

• Anders Görtz

Anders Görtz - 2007-10-10

Hi,

I have gotten a third of the string for the manager application translated to Swedish even though I think most users will use English in Sweden. Are there strings for the Agent that you want to have translated since I think that application is more important to have in Swedish. My translation continues on with the Manager app ofcourse.

/Anders

• pkokkinos

pkokkinos - 2007-10-29

Hi Anders,
      thank you for helping us in the translation of the Manager to Swedish. For the time being no multi-language support exists for the Agent.

Panagiotis