javaw.exe crashes using Java Wrapper

Help
Anonymous
2007-04-26
2013-04-22
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2007-04-26

Hallo,

I tried using the Java Wrapper following the tuturials found on openrobotino.org. On calling the connectToHost()-Method of the RobotinoCom class, javaw.exe crashes (I get the "javaw.exe hat ein Problem festgestellt und muss beendet werden." message). I tried to debug into it but was unable to generate the Wrapper-Source-Files, so no hope getting more details.

I am running JDK 1.6.0 on Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 (SP 2).

Any hints or suggestions?

If someone helps mit getting the wrapper built (cmake fails at the simple c compiler test on my system, the Visual C++ compiler complains about being unable to open user32.lib).

Thanks in advance,

Peter

• RobertIsele

RobertIsele - 2007-05-02

Hello,

Under normal circumstance the javaw.exe shouldn't just crash but rather throw an Exception. If the native RobotinoCom library works for you, I suspect a bug in javaw.exe.
      I have rebuilt the RobotinoWrapper against the most recent JDK (Version 1.6.0 Update 1 previous was 1.5) and updated the examples. Please download the new version. (http://www.openrobotino.org/images/8/87/RobotinoWrapper_Windows.zip and don't forget to empty the browser-cache before :-) ) and see if this solves the problem. And make sure that you use the latest RobotinoCom library (I guess it's Version 653).
      If this still doesn't help, I can send you a version build with debug symbols in order to simplify debuging.
      The examples are working here on Win XP Prof SP2 and JDK 1.6.0 Update 1 without any problems.

About the compilation of the wrapper: This sounds like a general CMake problem. Does CMake work with other projects for you?

Robert

• Tobias K.

Tobias K. - 2007-05-04

We have got the same problem on Windows XP Professional (2002), SP2.

Running the examples from
        http://www.openrobotino.org/images/3/38/Examples.zip

using API version 653 and wrappers build from May, 2nd 2007.

The programm execution produces an error message directly after launching it, saying that javaw has a problem. In fact it is the robotinocom.dll runtime module which is the source of the error:

AppName: javaw.exe     AppVer: 6.0.10.6     ModName: robotinocom.dll
        ModVer: 653.0.0.0     Offset: 0000dc47

Interistingly, the programm execution continues normally afterwards (as long as the error message is not acknowledged).

Tobias

• Tobias K.

Tobias K. - 2007-05-04

java version is 1.6.0_01, by the way.

• RobertIsele

RobertIsele - 2007-05-23

I could reproduce this bug on another machine. I looks like a background thread crashes shortly after calling connectToHost() due to a stack overflow.

The bug only occurred if the new 653 version of the RobotinoCom library was used.
      Please use the previous 636 version of the RobotinoCom library until the bug is fixed. (Get it from http://www.roboticsec.com/download/robotinoapi-636.exe\).

Robert