Menu

Microsoft VS plugin?

Alan
2006-09-28
2013-04-13
  • Alan

Alan - 2006-09-28

Not sure if this is taboo here. :) But we keep acquiring companies that are running MS VS, and I'd love to start integrating them using openQRM. There is a large establishment of them running at a few offices that would be great to test with. :) Thanks

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2006-09-28

Not taboo at all! We would love to see an MS VS plugin. We're reached out to the Microsoft community on several idea of how openQRM can be integrated with MS software/tools but there hasn't been much progress to date. Do you know anyone within the community (or within MS) that you might be able to put me in touch with? I'll take the lead on coordinating this from the openQRM side, but we need assistance in finding the right people to help with the effort.

Thanks for the suggestion,
      whurley

• Alan

Alan - 2006-09-28

Thanks for the information! Sorry, I'm a virtualization guy from a server perspective, not development. I’m also a linux newbie. :) I can test things from a server perspective as much as you need though. But it's been awhile since I've done any type of programming. :D

• Matt

Matt - 2006-09-28

Hi Alan,

no problem :)
      openQRM does already support MS operation systems via the win-plugin which is montitoring and managing local installed windows-systems. We are working on enhancing the support for MS operation systems for the next releases by coupling it with the VMWare ESX-, local-deploy- and Iscsi-HW-boot plugins.

greets,

Matt

• Dror Harel

Dror Harel - 2006-09-28

In terms of timeframes, as Matt said the monitoring of locally installed Windows machines is available today.
        version 3.0, which will be shipped within a week, adds support for Windows boot over iSCSI cards.
        Version 3.1, coming early November, will add support for local deployment and through this mechanism you'll be able to deploy a Windows system to the local hard drive of your target machine.

- Dror.