Menu

Gmsh converter to Paraview

Help
2008-11-08
2013-04-25
  • Julien Commanay

Julien Commanay - 2008-11-08

Dear all,

Does someone know how to convert *.pos files generated by OpenFVM into file formats that can be read by Paraview ? Is it possible to produce directly other file formats than *.pos when using OpenFVM ?

Thanks in advance.
    JCo

• x-flow

x-flow - 2008-11-08

No, at the moment OpenFVM uses only Gmsh for pre- and post- processing.

• Julien Commanay

Julien Commanay - 2008-11-09

Thanks a lot for the information. I guess I need to learn how to use gmsh for post-processing purposes.

Thanks
        JCo

• x-flow

x-flow - 2008-11-11

Hi,

Gmsh is very good for both generating the mesh and viewing the results. Look at the examples included with OpenFVM for tips on how to perform post-processing. You can build your own scripts to control the post-processing views.

x-flow.

• shirazbj

shirazbj - 2010-10-22

GMSH is good, but sometimes just PO file is too big, it takes my old PC ages to load in and the hard disk spin madly.
    I wrote a sub which can generate VTK files for each time step (if needed).  It finally working now.  A simple but very good reference for VTK file format is here: http://ganymed.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de/~tom/VisuSimple/
    It's an old VTK format, not the new xml based. It's very easy to animate with all the time step file in VisIt 2.1.  I have tried the DAM example.
    If anyone interested, drop me a line at shirazbj at hotmail.com, I can email it to you.