Help
2004-08-31
2012-10-06
  • Ivo van Doorn

Ivo van Doorn - 2004-08-31

I have installed ndiswrapper 0.10 under SuSE 9.1 Pro
    My Wireless Lan in my Acer Ferrari 3200 Laptop is a broadcom BCM94306
    For this card I installed the driver bcmwl5a

After doing everything as described in the INSTALL file, everything looks ok. But for some reason I am only able to change the wep key.

I cannot change channel, essid or ap.
    When I change to ad-hoc mode I can only change essid, but I still cannot connect my second pc.

Anybody any suggestion on how I can get a connection in Managed mode?

• Giridhar Pemmasani

Read the FAQ

• Ivo van Doorn

Ivo van Doorn - 2004-09-01

I have read it..:)
      I also had read the manual for getting the acer 1511 to work, and I installed the acerhk package.

In windows I checked if the acerhk worked and it did, WLan is always automaticly swt to switch on. (this was suggested in another manual for gettiing an acer notebook to work.)

But With the command iwscan wlan0 scan no scan results are found.

• Paul Duncan

Paul Duncan - 2004-09-20

Hi, I've had a similar experience with my HP nx9005. Basically, I set the mode to managed, then set the WEP key, then I do an "iwlist wlan0 scan", which finds the network, I then do "iwconfig wlan0 essid Blah", which then makes it associate with the access point. After which it all goes wrong because when I then try to use a DHCP server to get an IP address, it says the link is down and it can't get one. Oh well, keep trying :-)

Paul
      ~~~~~

• Tyler Pitchford

Tyler Pitchford - 2004-10-05

I have a similar problem with my Averatec 3225H laptop. It's using a Broadcom 802.11g Rev 3 card. I get the drivers installed (tried both .10 and .11 rc1), setup the WiFi card, can perform a scan, but can't get dhcp connection (or any connection for that matter) to work. I have noticed when I perform a scan that it shows all signals as 0/100 and when I do a iwconfig it shows the card as either 99/100 or 100/100. Like you said Paul, Oh well, keep trying.

Cheers,
        Tyler