Menu

lirc_mod_mce install in mythbuntu?

Help
2008-04-03
2013-04-15
<< < 1 2 (Page 2 of 2)
  • richard joss

richard joss - 2008-04-17

Sorry - I said:  "there is no keyboard statement in the handler section in cat /proc/bus/input devices. I am using the latest kernel"

This was an error - of course what I meant to say was that there was no MOUSE statement:

I: Bus=0003 Vendor=0609 Product=031d Version=0000
    N: Name="SMK eHome Infrared Transceiver"
    P: Phys=/input0
    S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1d.7/usb4/4-1/4-1.2/input/input6
    U: Uniq=
    H: Handlers=kbd event6 
    B: EV=7
    B: KEY=7 ff87207a c14057ff febeffdf ffefffff ffffffff fffffffe
    B: REL=3

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2008-04-17

I've just released a new package (somehow I was tired of publishing endless lists of patches).

Now, at my machine there is a mouse device.

I'm running kernel 2.6.24-gentoo-r3 and lirc-0.8.3_pre1 and keyboard and mouse are working without problems.

• richard joss

Well done Florian - now I have the mouse working really well.  Unfortunately now I have the same old problem of either being able to have the media keys or the main keyboard keys which I thought I had just fixed with the old driver.

Never mind I will have a go tomorrow to see if i can get them both back again.  Too late now!

• richard joss

Florian - just missed this post.  I had written up a long list of what I did today to successfully get the media keys and main keyboard keys to work together even with both drivers (mceusb2 and yours) loaded at the same time - no mouse though.  Seems like I need not have bothered!!  Anyway - posted my work in the other thread (pinnacle) so that Tom would see it.  If you are interested you can see it there.

I'll try your new version of the driver.  Is it in the old location at sourceforge?

Richard

<< < 1 2 (Page 2 of 2)