Menu

configure log4cplus not able to detect gcc

2014-01-28
2014-01-28
  • rubenvb

rubenvb - 2014-01-28

The best way to use MSYS is described on the wiki: https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/mingw-w64/wiki/MSYS

Although the postinstall bit is outdated. All you need to do (and thats what the postinstall script does) is set your PATH correctly:

export PATH=/mingw/bin:$PATH

Assuming this is where your gcc.exe is located (no need for prefixes with native toolchains. If you do not have a native toolchain, find one here). Then you need to configure with the following argument (as described on the wiki):

--host=x86_64-w64-mingw32

If that does not work, that means log4cxx is using a crappy configure script, and you should add

CXX=g++ CC=gcc

to your configure command.

• Václav Haisman

Václav Haisman - 2014-01-28

If that does not work, that means log4cxx is using a crappy configure script, and you should add

This is about log4cplus, not log4cxx. They are actually two different projects.

• Václav Haisman

Václav Haisman - 2014-01-28

Log4cplus has normal Autoconf/Automake build system that should definitely not be that broken that it would fail like that. It works on various systems, including Linux, AIX, HP-UX, etc.

• rubenvb

rubenvb - 2014-01-28

Ok, misread, apologies to the author. Oh that's you ;-).

• Christopher Dawes

Thanks a lot chaps; i re-explored the options of changing the path and adding the extra options and i'm so sorry i was an idiot check the == after CC that was the root cause all along. Thanks so much for your time it's really appreciated as without i would still have never spotted that glaring error!

./configure --prefix=/mingw/usr CXXFLAGS=-std=gnu++0x CXX=x86_64-w64-mingw32
    -g++.exe CC=x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc.exe --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32

Now working perfectly

• Christopher Dawes

Thanks a lot chaps; i re-explored the options of changing the path and adding the extra options and i'm so sorry i was an idiot check the == after CC that was the root cause all along. Thanks so much for your time it's really appreciated as without i would still have never spotted that glaring error!

./configure --prefix=/mingw/usr CXXFLAGS=-std=gnu++0x CXX=x86_64-w64-mingw32
    -g++.exe CC=x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc.exe --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32

Now working perfectly