MeshLab, a mesh processing system, for user assisted editing, cleaning, filtering and rendering of large unstructured 3D triangular meshes (typical 3D scanning meshes). The system relies for mesh processing tasks on the gpl VCG library (vcg.sf.net).

Features

  • Mesh Processing

Project Samples

Project Activity

See All Activity >

License

GNU General Public License version 2.0 (GPLv2)

Follow MeshLab

MeshLab Web Site

Other Useful Business Software
Need To Secure Your Public Cloud? Icon
Need To Secure Your Public Cloud?

Built for Developers, DevOps and Engineering Teams

View all cloud assets of AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, Kubernetes, Digital Ocean in one place. Automates security misconfigurations of assets with guidance to resolve them. Covers far beyond basic checklists. It automatically evaluates the security misconfigs of the assets & provides step-by-step guidance to resolve them
Rate This Project
Login To Rate This Project

User Ratings

★★★★★
★★★★
★★★
★★
48
4
3
0
3
ease 1 of 5 2 of 5 3 of 5 4 of 5 5 of 5 3 / 5
features 1 of 5 2 of 5 3 of 5 4 of 5 5 of 5 4 / 5
design 1 of 5 2 of 5 3 of 5 4 of 5 5 of 5 4 / 5
support 1 of 5 2 of 5 3 of 5 4 of 5 5 of 5 3 / 5

User Reviews

  • Software consistently gives errors of textures dont exist. HAS NO UNDO FUNCTION only have "reload" which somehow changes original saved file rename texture function never works impossible to export mesh with texture/ambient occlusion any work you do on software will not be exported it is just to look at. will always be saved with no textures as bright pink blob or pale gray rectangle. constantly dings "C:/users/administrator/desktop/texture.jpg/C:/users/administrator/desktop/texture.jpg does not exist! constantly dings "Path not allowed" constantly dings Doesnt recognize its own projects unless you teach it to it is in general horrible unfriendly software with horrible manual and very bad tutorials.
  • There are so many useful features that despite the poor support and lack of documentation it still deserves 5 stars.
  • Great performance, disgusting user interface!
  • What can you expect from an Italian national research institute? Meshlab is infested with various unfixed bugs. You never know what will happen if you press a button or, for heavens sake, you change a default parameter value and apply a filter. The program may hang, crash or work unexpectedly. The menus are monstrous. Simple things are sometimes complicated to do. On the good side it has quite extensive amount of features.
  • After staying up until 4 a.m. this morning and watching several MrP youtube tutorials, I have a more favorable rating than what I just deleted. My feeling about the program shifted positively when I decided to p****vere on a fully loaded HPZ1 workstation with 2 SSD drives, 16 GB of ECC and Quad3000M video card. I experienced no crashes, and only one "not responding" that lasted for several seconds (triggering the fans) before succeeding. It's difficult software, with a steep learning curve. However, as others have mentioned, most of us are using a small subset of its encyclopedic tools. I was just able to remove several hundred non manifold vertices with a single click. Great stuff. Thank you, Paolo. Bottom line, I still wish someone would put together manual, but worth the learning curve, absolutely. Anton Stayduhar
Read more reviews >

Additional Project Details

Intended Audience

Science/Research, Manufacturing, Engineering

User Interface

OpenGL, Qt

Programming Language

C++

Related Categories

C++ 3D Modeling Software, C++ 3D Rendering Software, C++ Image Viewers

Registered

2005-09-28