Menu

DLL & eMule. Why does the older work better?

Help
aguijon
2005-07-11
2012-12-11
  • aguijon

aguijon - 2005-07-11

I use MediaInfo mainly as dll in eMule, to identify data format from multimedia files. It's extremely useful because I refer to incomplete downloads.
    May be it's a mistake from eMule development, but MediaInfo 0.4.0.1 works fine. Later, until 0.6.1.1 it doesn't work, but works worse than 0.4.0.1. By example, 0.6.1.1 don't identify Matroska files.
    I don't know how eMule interact with MediaInfo DLL, but I consider that a good team job between both would be amazing for both projects and the final users.
    Thanks.

• Jerome Martinez

Jerome Martinez - 2005-07-11

Unfortunately, I change some things in the DLL interface, and emule developpers put a version check in the code. As far as I know, :
      - if 0.4.0.1 is detected, use it.
      - if other, use internal code, no more MediaInfo, and internal code doesn't handle Matroska.

Because I will change (a little) the DLL interface in v0.7 (don't forget : 0.x is because this is beta version :), in opposite of emule with 0.46 which is a lot stable...), I don't plan to do lobbying before 0.7 release.

And : I don't have contact with emule developpers for a long time (bluecow integrated MediaInfo), I am not sure hey will accept modification.

So : with 0.7 release, I will work on emule integration. If you agree, I will contact you to write something too in emule forums, for reaction of emule developpers...