Menu

How to use fr.csv ?

Jacky67
2015-08-23
2015-09-16
  • Jacky67

Jacky67 - 2015-08-23

Hello,

I changed some lines in the fr.csv file in C:\Program Files\MediaInfo\Plugin\Language but it has no effect.

For example, with NotePad++, I changed the line
    KBps; KBps
    into
    KBps; ko/s

When I launch MediaInfo, I still have the "KBps".

Can you help me please ?
    (can we speak french here ?)

PS : I didn't reboot my PC after changing, perhaps is it the reason of the problem ?

Last edit: Jacky67 2015-08-23
  • Jacky67

Jacky67 - 2015-09-05

OK, I've found where was the good file ! :-)

For me, the file "fr.csv" is in the folder :
    C:\Users\Jacky67\AppData\Roaming\MediaInfo\Plugin\Language\

Last edit: Jacky67 2015-09-05
  • Jacky67

Jacky67 - 2015-09-15

Is it normal that the used file is in "Users" folder, and not in "Program Files" ?
    Or is it a bug of my windows (7 Pro 64 bits) ?

And two new questions :

1- It's OK when I use the GUI, but in the shell I still have "KBps" instead of "ko/s".
    What can I do to change this, to have the same result as with the GUI ?

2- When I use command line (with a .bat file), I have the same problem.
    Rem. : with the .bat file, I don't use the installed files, I use files in a specific directory.

• Jerome Martinez

Jerome Martinez - 2015-09-16

Is it normal that the used file is in "Users" folder, and not in "Program Files" ?

It is wanted to be user data, for the moment (every user can edit the file).

1- It's OK when I use the GUI, but in the shell I still have "KBps" instead of "ko/s".

bug in the language file, both GUI and CLI. i'll patch it.

What can I do to change this, to have the same result as with the GUI ?

edit the fr.csv file, change
    Kbps; Kbps
    with
    Kbps; Ko/s

and you can use it:
    MediaInfo --Language=file://fr.csv ...

• Jacky67

Jacky67 - 2015-09-16

Thanks a lot for the answer ! :-)

OK, I understand for the location of the file and so the ability to have a diffrent file for each user.
    Very good idea.

As I said above, I have changed the content of the fr.csv file, and the result is OK when I use the GUI.
    But it has no effect when I use command line (.bat file) and no effect too in the shell of my Windows 7 Pro 64 bits.

• Jerome Martinez

But it has no effect when I use command line (.bat file) and no effect too in the shell of my Windows 7 Pro 64 bits.

I tested with 0.7.77 and it is O.
    Be careful not to forget "//" in "file://"

• Jacky67

Jacky67 - 2015-09-16

Really sorry, it's my fault.

The location is not the same for me (it's "../MediaInfo_Outils/"), and when I put the good location in the .bat file it's 100 % OK.

The only problem is for the shell, but it doesn't matter. ;)

PS : you didn't answer to the question : is it possible to speak frenck here because of my so poor english (and I think you're french too) ?

• Jerome Martinez

is it possible to speak frenck here because of my so poor english (and I think you're french too)

Right, I am French but I prefer to have the discussion in English so more people can read it.
    And don't worry, my English is poor too :).

• Jacky67

Jacky67 - 2015-09-16

OK, as you want. ;-)

I would like to thank you so much : thank you for your disponibility !
    It's really amazing to have the possibiliy to speak with you, the creator of this so wonderful software !!!

It's now OK for GUI and CLI. The only "problem" is the shell, but it's not a big problem, so I think this question is resolved.
    Thanks

Last edit: Jacky67 2015-09-16
  • Jerome Martinez

The only "problem" is the shell

What is the issue with the shell?
    CLI usage is same, Shell or not Shell. You need to be careful about the current dir (used for looking for the language file)

• Jacky67

Jacky67 - 2015-09-16

When I say "the shell of Windows", I mean the "info-bulle" in the Explorer of Windows.

In the Explorer, when I put the cursor of the mouse on a video file, an "info-bulle" appears with details of the "structure" of the file.
    I suppose it doesn't use the fr.csv file in "users" directory because I still have "GiB" or "Kbps" instead of the "Gio" or "kb/s" I changed in the fr.csv file.

Last edit: Jacky67 2015-09-17
  • Jerome Martinez

When I say "the shell of Windows", I meen the "info-bulle" in the Explorer of Windows.

Ha, ok. InfoTip does not yet support translations, this is planned but not a priority.

• Jacky67

Jacky67 - 2015-09-16

OK. So my problem is 100% solved.

Thanks again.
    Bye
    ;-)