Just browsed through some linuxprinting pages and found out, that the Compaq IJ300 obviously is well supported by the lz11-V2 driver.
Release Notes lz11-V2-1.1:
This version supplies some additional features:
- The installer can be called by ./lz11.install --debug, which will produce BMP files instead of paper prints (for test)
- Now the cups-restart is done also properly for Debian and Gentoo
- An installed Z11 printer-queue (PPD) and its options are updated automatically during installation
- The print-job cancelling is now appropriate for hotplug generated devices. Printer "hick-ups" on a resume are prevented
- The print-job cancelling is shown automatically in an "xterm"
- some smaller bug fixes... read more
Many more printing and installation options,
especially supporting smooth redering for photographs
and a black ink cartridge adjustment option.
the linuxprinting.org - lz11 driver is no longer the recommended one!