Menu

Problem with lightrod installation

2010-06-08
2013-05-14
  • Nobody/Anonymous

I just downloaded lightrod this morning and I am trying to install it on my local webshost. (I always use WAMP)

But it gave me this error after installation:

_. Usage: See http://www.lightrod.org/  'LightRod OAR Browser' section for the most up-to-date instructions. For assistance: peter AT lightrod.org  or the LightRod forums */ //Include the oar-browser.php in it's entirety so that the default directory goes there. require_once("oar-browser.php"); ?> _

• Nobody/Anonymous

For anyone who might run into this problem too….

I haven't solved the problem myself  but it seems that the PHP version included in WAMP isn't working really well with the opening and closing tags in the PHP scripts. I don't know why because the version that is included isn't that old.
    Not only the index.php wasn't working properly it displayed php echo's in the browser.

I tried to replace the opening and closing tags with others for example:
    <script language="php">     </script>
    and this worked in WAMP but somehow it messed up some other parts of the script. So before I knew  PHP was kind of working but some javascript parts weren't working anymore.

I have uploaded everything to my online hosting and it all works.(after setting the right permissions to the config file ofcourse).

• Peter Abrahamson

Hi,

Thanks for posting about this.  It seems to be part of the comment that describes the open source license which has a closing '>'.  We'll be issuing a new version without this in the next day which should help WAMP users.  Our testing on WAMP didn't pick this up, so there must be some different default configurations of WAMP that handle this in the old way.

Best regards,
    Peter
    peter AT lightrod.org

• Peter Abrahamson

There is a new version 1.27 which fixes this issue out now.  Let me know if it works for you?

Best regards,
    Peter
    peter AT lightrod.org