No return in nonvoid function

Help
Buschmann
2009-03-06
2013-05-20
  • Buschmann

Buschmann - 2009-03-06

Hello,

when building kxstitch 0.8.3.1 for openSUSE, the openSUSE Build Service rpmlint checks complain about a no return in nonvoid function.

I: Program returns random data in a function
    E: kxstitch no-return-in-nonvoid-function palettemanagerdialog.cpp:335

How can I solve this issue? Or is it a rpmlint mistake?

• Stephen Allewell

I will investigate and let you know as soon as I can.

• Buschmann

Buschmann - 2009-03-07

Thank you very much.... :)

• Stephen Allewell

I have had a look at this and it is an error in the KXStitch source, although it is benign as the function should always return from within the loop and should never reach the end of the function and return garbage.

Does it prevent compilation or is it just a warning?  I will update CVS with a fix, although to do it correctly KXStitch should fail with an error since something went wrong somewhere.

Regards

Steve

• Buschmann

Buschmann - 2009-03-09

Compilation works. It is an error rpmlint complains about, after the package is built. So I can't build this in the openSUSE Build Service, which has an rpmlint check. When an erroc occurs, the package will be removed and not published. So, it prevents building in the openSUSE Build Service, but not building in general.

• Buschmann

Buschmann - 2009-03-09

I have now created an own little patch with the changes from CVS regarding this problem, and now it works. Thank you for your efforts. :)

Best greetings
        Buschmann