Menu

Helping Hand

2007-10-01
2013-04-17
  • chevyman2002

chevyman2002 - 2007-10-01

Mmk. I decided to stop being so retarded and actually take a look at what the project has ;). I have been doodling around in KDevelop fixing minor things in the code that i've found so far and would like feedback from anyone who's using these services on any network who have found major bugs or would like something changed. I am not the best coder in the world, however, i will do my best to get things worked out. I'm testing for bugs on a dev.* server i'm hosting on many computers i own and fixing spelling/syntax. I will check back frequently for new posts and reply appropriately. If i find major things that would be really helpful for the release of a new distribution, i will forward it to the admin of Kickservices for him to review and test for a possible new release. As for Thilo, if you happen to have a copy of Kickservices that you've made major changes to, if i could get that from you by chance, it would be greatly appreciated. If not, that's fine. :)

• Obi_Wan

Obi_Wan - 2007-10-23

At the moment my working copy of kickservices runs fine. I only have some feature requests but I don't know if you can manage them some time:

- MySQL Support so I can store data in a mysql db or something like an xml/mysql interface so kickservices can act as a virtual mysql server?
      - Inspircd support as I'm starting to like that ircd and Unreal is going to switch to an inspircd base.

• Thilo Schulz

Thilo Schulz - 2007-10-23

hi!
      If you want to add inspirircd support, i suggest you check out the latest svn codebase, see the sourceforge project info on this. There has already been alot of work on a module system that should work ok now.
      Also, some initial work on putting all ircd specific stuff into modules has been started.

• chevyman2002

chevyman2002 - 2007-10-24

cool, thanks!

- answered Obi_Wan's question in e-mail (more less ;p)