Menu

Error on Preprocessing

Anonymous
2014-09-08
2016-02-16
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2014-09-08

Thanks for your work on this interesting software. I'm running KH Coder on Ubuntu 13.10 and have gotten to the stage where the program will launch in Perl. However, after I create a project and try to run preprocessing, I received the following error and the program quits.
    /kh_coder$ perl kh_coder.pl
    Error: target STRING not available
    This is KH Coder 2.beta.31d on linux.
    CWD: /home/theron/Downloads/kh_coder
    R Version: 3.0, x86_64
    Using un-threaded functions...
    Connected to MySQL 5.5, khc0.
    Performed "SET NAMES ujis"
    Checking icode (jp)... utf8
    kh_msg: no msg: kh_morpho::chasen, error_confg
    Killed

I'm not sure if the problem is with the error message on launch "Error: target STRING not available" or if it's with some R or Perl package missing on execution of kh_morpho::chasen

Any advice or suggestions would be very welcome. Thanks in advance for your time and assistance.

Theron

• HIGUCHI Koichi

HIGUCHI Koichi - 2014-09-08

Are you analyzing English language data? If so, you have to download Stanford POS Tagger, go to "Project," "Settings" in the menubar of KH Coder, and select & configure Stanford POS Tagger in the settings windows.

Best,

p.s.
    Right now, I am not sure about "Error: target STRING not available."

Last edit: HIGUCHI Koichi 2014-09-08
  • Theron Muller

Theron Muller - 2014-09-18

Thanks for your quick reply. The problem was the Stanford POS Tagger settings. For others reading this thread, when the settings window opens, it may be too small to see the 'OK' button at the bottom. Resizing the window until you can see the OK and Cancel buttons will allow you to save the settings you apply.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2016-01-29

I am sorry foor such a rookie question but help me,after running perl kh_coder.pl in a terminal the following shows
    Error: target STRING not available
    This is KH Coder 2.00f on linux.
    CWD: /home/sasank/Downloads/kh_coder
    R Version: 3.2, x86_64
    Using un-threaded functions...*in the new project when i select a txt the it kh_coder closes /
    ............./kh_coder/tutorial_en/coder_data/
    Segmentation fault (core dumped)*this comes in terminal
    /
    can u help me?

Last edit: Anonymous 2016-01-29
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2016-02-11

Hello,
    I am using KH Coder with 37 court transcripts. During pre-processing I get the error "there are too long sentences" and the program shurts down. Is there any remedy to this?

Thank you,

David Joubert
    Canada

• HIGUCHI Koichi

HIGUCHI Koichi - 2016-02-12

Hello,

It happens when a sentence contains more than 65535 characters.
    Do you think you have such long sentences?

KH Coder splits sentences where a newline starts. So you can try inserting newline characters to split sentences.

Best,

Last edit: HIGUCHI Koichi 2016-02-12
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2016-02-16

Hello,

In regards to last post, sorry it is my mistake. I used a software called TxTCollector to arrange text files into a single file. However, KH Coder did not recognize it, hence the error. I found out that you can do this straight from the program. Nice function!

Thanks,

David

• HIGUCHI Koichi

HIGUCHI Koichi - 2016-02-16

Thanks for the info!

Anonymous
Anonymous

Add attachments
Cancel