Menu

kh coder on Mac

2012-07-20
2014-08-17
1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Hi. you application seems to me very interesting. Unfortunatly I'm not very
    skilled It guy and i'm trying to use it with my mac. I do understand that is a
    perl script but i didnt went much further than this... could you help me?
    Sorry for making you lose time in answering me... thank in advance.

Gianluca from Italy

• HIGUCHI Koichi

HIGUCHI Koichi - 2012-07-20

Hello from Japan.
    Thank you very much for your post!

If you have a Windows enviroment, please use it and run Windows version of KH Coder. You can use BootCamp, Parallels or VMware to run Windows on your Mac. This way, you can easily use KH Coder.

If you try to run KH Coder on your Mac (no Windows environment), it will be a long way. But setting up required tools one by one, you will be able to run KH Coder on your Mac. And this way, you don't have to buy commercial software.

You will need MySQL, R, some R Packages, Perl, some Perl modules and Stanford POS Tagger.

The first step would be running the perl script. (1) Install Perl on your mac if you haven't installed it. Perl should be on your Mac OS DVD. (2) Download "khcoder-****.tar.gz" and extract it. (3) open up "Terminal" app and go to the folder, then type "perl kh_coder.pl" to run the perl script.

If you succeed in this step, you will get a message like "Can't locate foo.pm in @INC..." When you succeed, please post the exact message to this thread.

Then we will advance to the next step.

Now I am providing automatic setup software for Mac OS X as a fee-based support service. With this software, You can easily start using KH Coder on MAC.

http://khc.sourceforge.net/en/mac_com.html

Last edit: HIGUCHI Koichi 2014-05-09
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2012-12-30

I got a message by the following. What is the next step?

Can't locate Jcode.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /Library/Perl/5.12/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Library/Perl/5.12 /Network/Library/Perl/5.12/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Network/Library/Perl/5.12 /Library/Perl/Updates/5.12.4 /System/Library/Perl/5.12/darwin-thread-multi-2level /System/Library/Perl/5.12 /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.12/darwin-thread-multi-2level /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.12 .) at kh_coder.pl line 29.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at kh_coder.pl line 29.

• HIGUCHI Koichi

HIGUCHI Koichi - 2012-12-30

Hello and thank you for your post!

Can't locate foo.pm in @INC ...

This message means that you have to install a Perl module called foo. To install Perl modules, open up another terminal window and execute following:

sudo perl -MCPAN -e shell
    install foo
    install bar
    install baz

In this example, three modules called "foo," "bar" and "baz" are installed. Don't close this terminal window, because you are going to have to install a lot of modules.

Last edit: HIGUCHI Koichi 2012-12-30
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2013-01-28

I got the same message with "Can't locate Jcode.pm in @INC etc.". What exactly is the next step? The message does not say anything with foo.pm and I do not understand what to do next. Could you help me out? Thank you very much in advance!!

• HIGUCHI Koichi

HIGUCHI Koichi - 2013-01-28

Hello and thank you for your post!

Sorry, "foo" is just an example.

In this case, you do not see "foo" but you see "Jcode."
    Then you have to install Perl module called "Jcode."
    To do that, you have to type "install Jcode" after "sudo perl -MCPAN -e shell"

Last edit: HIGUCHI Koichi 2013-01-28
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2013-01-28

I got the following:

bash-3.2$ install Jcode
    usage: install [-bCcpSsv] [-B suffix] [-f flags] [-g group] [-m mode]
    [-o owner] file1 file2
    install [-bCcpSsv] [-B suffix] [-f flags] [-g group] [-m mode]
    [-o owner] file1 ... fileN directory
    install -d [-v] [-g group] [-m mode] [-o owner] directory ...

I am sorry to ask, but what exactly do I have to do with the command "sudo perl -MCPAN -e shell"? I hope it was not a failure just to type install Jcode. I am sorry for my stupid questions.

• HIGUCHI Koichi

Please read 4th post in this thread.

You have to type "sudo..." before "install..."

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2013-01-28

I am sorry for my stupid questions...
    Do I have to type "sudo..", press enter and than type "install.."? Or type it together? And should I restart or can I go further, whether I typed it wrong before or not? Again, very sorry for my stupid questions... I have absolutely no experience with such things.

• HIGUCHI Koichi

Yes, you have to type "sudo..", press enter and then type "install.."

Well, when you have this kind of questions, just try both and see what happens. Generally speaking, when you execute wrong commands, computers won't be broken but just display error messages.

BTW you are going to have to become experienced UNIX user to run KH Coder on Mac.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2013-01-28

after type sudo... I configured to make as much automatically as possible. After this configuration was done, I typed install Jcode, but it failed to install. The last message was "failed during this command: DANKOGAI/Jcode-2.07.tar.gz" and the last is " : make NO".
    Do you know how to go further?

And yes, I want to learn about it and learn how to use it in detail!

• HIGUCHI Koichi

Nothing? How about "command not found" or "No targets specified..."?

• HIGUCHI Koichi

Please open a NEW terminal and type "make" and hit enter. And tell me what it says.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2013-01-28

Than it says command not found.

• HIGUCHI Koichi

Then, you need to install Developer Tools (at least Xcode and X11).
    Install the apps and reboot the mac, then try again.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2013-01-28

I tried to install Jcode as you suggested and tried it again. But I still get the same answer that it seems to be "impossible to install Jcode" and to type than make into a new window still command not found.
    As it also said, that the file is missing in system/library, I downloaded Jcode-2.07 and extracted it. But first, I do not know if it is the right one and second, if it was the right one, how to make it accessible.

I am very sorry, that I cannot explain myself better in doing this...

Last edit: HIGUCHI Koichi 2013-02-02
  • HIGUCHI Koichi

OK. This time, your post contains better amount of information than before.

If you type "make" in new terminal and get "command not found," you can't install any Perl modules. You have to get "make" working.

Can you find version number of your Xcode? If it is 4.3 or higher, install something like "Command Line Tools for Xcode." Then try "make" again. If it says "No targets specified..." or something, "make" is
    working and you can try installing "Jcode" again.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2013-01-28

Ok, installation of Jcode succeeded.

• HIGUCHI Koichi

Oh, that's sweet to hear. I think we made a enough progress for a day, really :)

Now "perl kh_coder.pl" will still say "Can't locate foo.pm" and you have to install a lot of modules. Good Luck.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2014-08-17

Hello Koichi. I am Esteban from Mexico. I am trying to install hkcoder on my mac (mavericks). I followed the previous threads (I installed R, perl, XQuarz, MySQL). I managed to install some "foo".pm, until I got:

Can't locate DBD/CSV.pm in @INC

In the other terminal, 'install DBD/CSV' does not work. It tries to fetch at several mirrors, but ends telling me "Could not fetch authors/id/D/DB/DBD/CSV".

Is it possible to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance for your help!

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2014-08-17

Hello Koichi. I am Esteban from Mexico again. I think I solved It. I tried "install Bundle::DBD::CSV", and it worked.

Last edit: Anonymous 2014-08-17
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2013-01-28

Thank you very much for your help and your patience so far! Since I just started yesterday with this stuff, I understand it a little bit better right now. I will try my best to manage the whole installation procedure.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2013-07-30

Hi HIGUCHI,

Thanks for your responses as well as your effort for this valuable package.
    I am running Ubuntu and would like to install this package,
    I have managed to install some of the modules, now I try ton install DBD::mysql.pm but after executing install DBD::mysql I get this

'/usr/bin/perl Makefile.PL INSTALLDIRS=site' returned status 512, won't make
    Running make test
    Make had some problems, won't test
    Running make install
    Make had some problems, won't install

What do I need to do?

• HIGUCHI Koichi

HIGUCHI Koichi - 2013-07-30

Hi!

On Ubuntu, you can use "Ubuntu Software Center" to install DBD::mysql.

Open "Ubuntu Software Center" and search for "mysql perl". You will find "Perl5 database interface to the MySQL database (libdbd-mysql-perl)". Install it and now you have DBD::mysql.

By the way, you also have to install MySQL itself. MySQL called "MySQL Server" and "MySQL Client" maybe. You need both of them.

Good luck.

Last edit: HIGUCHI Koichi 2013-07-30
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2014-08-10

Hi Koichi-san -

I am having difficulty installing the Mac/Pasteboard.pm on Mavericks. Any thoughts you provide would be very helpful. Thank you.

Example terminal output below...

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.9.sdk/usr/include/MacTypes.h:278:41: error:
    typedef redefinition with different types ('UnsignedWide' (aka
    'struct UnsignedWide') vs 'UInt64' (aka 'unsigned long long'))
    typedef UnsignedWide AbsoluteTime;
    ^

4 warnings and 3 errors generated.
    error building lib/Mac/Pasteboard.o from 'lib/Mac/Pasteboard.c' at /Users/****/perl5/perlbrew/perls/perl-5.16.0/lib/5.16.0/ExtUtils/CBuilder/Base.pm line 177.
    WYANT/Mac-Pasteboard-0.007.tar.gz
    ./Build -- NOT OK
    Running Build test
    Can't test without successful make
    Running Build install
    Make had returned bad status, install seems impossible
    Failed during this command:
    WYANT/Mac-Pasteboard-0.007.tar.gz : make NO

1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)

Anonymous
Anonymous

Add attachments