Menu

Problem with Macros

2007-04-02
2013-04-08
  • MagnoliaSouth

MagnoliaSouth - 2007-04-02

I read this in the Help section:

==
    To use macros in KeyNote, you should turn on the "Macros" toolbar, which is not displayed by default. Click the "View" menu, then click "Toolbars", and select the "Show macro toolbar" command.
    ==

The problem is that this "toolbar" does not exist. I followed the instructions, as viewable here: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v16/MagnoliaSoutherly/support/macros.png

As you can see, there is no such toolbar and there isn't a hidden one either if I try clicking on "Show All Toolbars". Is there another hint maybe?

Or perhaps you can help me with why I'm wanting to record a macro. I'm looking for a shortcut to toggle expanding and collapsing trees. I'm surprised there isn't a button that does this, but apparently that's the case.

As it is, I have to go to Tree > Expand Tree OR Tree > Collapse Tree. Yes, I know, it's not that bad, but I still would prefer a one click operation. I'm just lazy that way. ;)

• Ken Rushia

Ken Rushia - 2007-04-02

It's not actually a "toolbar".  It is part of the side panel on the right.  Right-click a tab there and make sure the macro panel is activated.  You may need to scroll through the tabs a bit.

I haven't used the macro functions so I don't know if a macro can do what you want.